Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award




I noticed that I left an important part out of the "Thinking Blogger Award" announcement (which I combined with my last post below...so much for being a thinking blogger!) so I decided to make this a separate post.


I have been graciously nominated by Jaded of Is Anybody There? for the "Thinking Blogger Award!"


How sweet of her to choose my blog! Now the pressure is on...living up to being a "thinking blogger." heh heh


This is going to be difficult. There are so many great blogs to choose from! However, I have decided not to include the obvious large blogs (like Michele Malkin, LGF, HotAir, La Shawn Barber's Corner, Jihad Watch, War on Jihad, NewsBusters, SharperIron, TownHall, Hugh Hewitt, etc.) and go with smaller, personal choices.


Well, here goes.


1. Doug at The Powers That Be. He has a special knack of combining current event issues with humor that typically gives me a belly laugh when I visit his blog. He is also an excellent columnist for WND, has written for Glenn Beck, and has authored a funny yet informative book called "Because That's the Way That God Decided to Do It!" I've read excerpts from his book and it's a hoot!


2. Mark at Chester Street When I first visited Mark's blog, I just loved the description he gave it:


"A Street filled with Conservative, Bible Reading, American Flag Waving, Neighbor Helping, Gun Owning, Animal Loving, Church Going, Regular People. This Street is No friend of the Left, so turn right."

I usually visit his blog every day.Mark isn't afraid to state what he really thinks about social and political issues that often rail against the truth of God's Word.

Sound like someone else we know? Yes. I admit it! Mark and I are "brother and sister believers" in Christ who help lift each other up against those who are opposed to God and His Truth that is written in the Bible.


3. The Roscoe Daley Report. This choice might surprise some people, but I chose Roscoe because it is another blog where I can get current event info with a laugh!! (I guess you have all figured out that I love to laugh... )

Roscoe may not get a lot of comments at his blog, but he probably has a huge amount of readers and lurkers. A while back, he was considering closing down his blog and there was a flood of commenters who said No!!!


Roscoe does a lot of humorous, tongue-in-cheek posts about radical Islamic Jihad. When you visit his site today, scroll down to the pic under the title, "Another 'terrorist' captured?" HILARIOUS!! The fact is, even though Roscoe makes us laugh, his posts also make us really think about these topics, too.


4. Bob at Puritan's Sword. His blog description reads:



"The Puritan's Sword: A Commentary on Philosophy and Theology" "Take up...the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." (Eph 6:17) Thoughts on the philosophies behind current social issues and the theological trends within evangelicalism."


Bob doesn't post every day, but each blogpost is well researched, thought out and inevitably teaches me something that I had not known before.


Case in point.


The blogpost dated July 7, 2007 includes a link to a sermon that:



"It is rare that you find men of God who preach with such blood earnestness in this fuzzy feel good I'm ok your ok and don't you dare rebuke me evangelicalism."


5. Gay Christian Movement Watch. If you are looking for a Biblically-based, brave, not-afraid to confront the heresy issues type of blog, then this blog ranks up there. Confronting such a volatile issue as "gay theology" is hard work. There is often a tremendous amount of opposition being hurled at bible-based Christian writers who would "dare to confront" the errors that abound in that movement.


The GMC Watch website declares:



"But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction." 2 Peter 2:1


GCM Watch is:


orthodox

progressive

evangelical

full gospel

prophetic


I commend them for their efforts and bravery in defending the truth of the Bible on the issue of homosexual behavior and the need to expose the heresy and errors found within this reprobate theological movement.

*******

Now, here's the part I left out. Instructions for the nominees!



1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,

3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote

Congrats to all the winners!!

No comments: