Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Rocky's Question

John 10:2-3 The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman (porter) opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

I know who the good shepherd is
I hear His voice and He leads me besides fresh waters and pleasant pastures
He walks with me through the valley of the shadow of death so that I have no fear
He provides a table for me and the prince of darkness can only watch
But who opens the gate?

Who is the watchman, the porter?
Is he an angel?
Is it my spirit?
Is it the Holy Spirit?
I do not know
Should I know?
Need I know?
Would it be good to know?

Who is the watchman, the porter, who opens the gate for the good shepherd?
Am I that watchman when I am there and another comes to know the good shepherd?
Is the one who prayed with me to receive Jesus a porter?
I do not know

But I do know the shepherd knows all things
I also know He promised, ask and you shall receive
That it is written in James, 'if you lack wisdom ask God who gives wisdom freely'

So I am asking, and oddly I am finding this is the way I am asking
And so listen for Wisdom to speak, to answer me'
Who is the watchman, the porter who opens the gate for the good shepherd?"

Written by Rocky Chambers

No comments: