Monday, April 25, 2005

I am Yours

It's good ole' Monday morning and I have the usual long list of things I need to do. I would rather spend time at my message board than do housework...ugh...but someone has to clean this place up! I'll put on some Mercy Me CD's while I clean and that will get me through it!

I really do love sharing God's Word with people at my message board as well as other message boards. Sometimes I am met with great hostility, but many times I can see that people are desperate for the Lord in their lives (whether they know it or not, or, in fact, want to admit it or not). Not knowing Jesus, or understanding one's purpose here on earth is the greatest tragedy that anyone could face during their lifetime here. Studying God's Word and learning about His purpose for our lives here, and also in eternity, through general revelation (the Bible, Creation) and special revelation (Jesus Christ) has helped me tremendously in my every day living. I recognize the blessings that abound in my country, church, family and friends through God's goodness to us. When tragedy and death come, those who are in the Lord have nothing to fear. I have seen the difference at the funerals of the lost vs. those of believers. It is truly tragic when one goes through life without recognizing that it's "not about me", rather, it's all about You, Jesus Christ.

In Proverbs 9:10, the Bible tells us, "The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy [is] understanding."

That term "fear" doesn't mean the cowering, scary kind of fear, but a reverence for God. We can only get that attitude of reverence by knowing God's Word and Jesus Christ, whom God the Father has sent for our salvation, for he is the exact representation of His holy character.

One of my favorite Mercy Me songs has lyrics that say it quite well:

Not because of who I am, but because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done, but because of Who you are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow

A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind

Still you, hear me when I'm calling
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling

You told me who I am
I am Yours

No comments: