Saturday, February 25, 2006

A Touch of Glory

A Touch of Glory

A brief shinning moment
Radiant, glorious
Transfiguring

It was a moment I'll never forget
A moment I'll always treasure
A moment I'll always yearn for
It was a privilege
An honor
And a pleasure

I can only pray for similar moments
To be allowed to be a conduit like that again
To be that earthen vessel through whom God lets His light shine

2 Cor 4:6-7 For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

I know that each time I am somewhat changed
That just as He wraps Himself in light
That as He passes His light through me
Something of it remains, a residual shine, a touch of glory

I could put forth a false humility saying
I am just the vessel
While that is true it is much more than that
I am a vessel that yearns!
I yearn for the privilege, the honor and the pleasure!
For there is none like it!

O to be saturated with the Spirit of God
O to be permeated with the anointing of Christ
O a touch of glory

What an awesome gift from God
What an honor and privilege
What a pleasure

Yes, it is an honor and a privilege for me that God has done this
But somehow the pleasure of knowing Him this way seems even more valuable
I feel akin to Moses asking, "Lord, show me your glory"
I yearn for it

Written by Rocky Chambers

*******

Another gem by Rocky that shows there is nothing greater in our lives than the awesome privilege of knowing Jesus Christ our Lord! The glory of our Lord shines eternal light that pierces the darkness!

No comments: