Friday, January 21, 2011

The 23rd Psalm

Psa 23:1 [[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.


Psa 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.


Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.


Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.


Psa 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.


Psa 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Also read:

A Shepherd Looks At Psalm 23

The God Who Shepherds Us

The God Who Invites Us to Rest

The God Who Guides Us

The God Who Is With Us

2 comments:

Susan Smith said...

WOW! What a statement of WONDERFUL, MIGHTY and EVERLASTING TRUTH you have shared Christine. Thank you for giving the links too!!

You are a blessing to the world, my friend. Christ LIVES in YOU (Galatians 2:20). “Many deceivers who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh have gone out into the world” (2 John 7, NIV).

“For many deceivers are entered into the world, which confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh” (2 John 7, William Tyndale’s translation). Jesus IS in your flesh, because Christ LIVES in YOU! I had Arab friends in Jerusalem who practiced the Muslim religion, Islam.

My Arab friends would willingly confess that Jesus was a man (in the flesh) who walked on earth. They denied that Jesus is the Son of God. They denied the Messiah sent from heaven.

If we do not know the Son of God, then we do not know God. He is our Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end (Isaiah 9:7). When we have the SON… we have it all… and “it” is the abundant LIFE who is everlasting PEACE.

Continue to speak TRUTH to the world. You are the LIGHT of the world. You are shining during a very dark hour. I am listening. I love you Christine. Shabbat Shalom. (ss)

Darlene said...

That's a wonderful Psalm, and a great reminder that the Lord watches over us.