Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Significance of Jesus' Birth in Bethlehem

Last night, during the Christmas Eve service, Pastor Miles McPherson of The Rock Church in San Diego shared the fact that the small town of Bethlehem has significant meaning regarding the birth of Jesus Christ.

"Lehem" means "bread."  "Beth" means "house of."   Put them together and we have "house of bread."

It is only fitting that the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ, who is the Bread of life,  would be born in a city that is named, "House of bread."


 

 

Jhn 6:35   And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

Jhn 6:48   "I am the bread of life.

Jhn 6:51   "I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world."

Merry Christmas everyone!

~ Christine

No comments: