Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Fighting Evil By Our Deepest Instincts

A man named James Rutz has posted a column with a great message on WorldNetDaily that certainly reverberates profoundly with me. I could list dozens of reasons why, but suffice it to say that the main reason is because the Lord has laid it upon my heart to be active in not only Christian evangelism, but also the political aspects of life that affect my family, our community, our state, country and especially, our present and future Christian religious freedom.

Why do I feel this way? Because just letting the promotion of evil, sin and death run rampant in our world without doing anything to stem such a tide is not what I think that Jesus would have his followers do.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke, Statesman, Orator, and Political Thinker.

Rutz's entire column is great, but I love the last paragraph the most!

"...when the New World Order and hundreds of other Illuminati retreads aspire to destroy the world by restructuring it along God-free lines, we fight them tooth and nail. It's not that we have abandoned the Lord's great commission to evangelize the world or slipped back into the 1920s "social gospel" of self-improvement. It's just what we do. We are Christians. We hate evil, and we fight it by our deepest instincts."

No comments: