Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering September 11, 2001

This morning, I awoke at 4:00 a.m. and found myself unable to go back to sleep. I knew what day it was. Once again, the horror of that September morning came back to me. I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing; as I'm sure is true for everyone else. I turned on the TV to see the memorial events going on at the sites of the terrorist attacks.

Six years later, this day is still a deeply sorrowful one and an extremely hurtful time for our entire nation.

Yes. We still grieve. However, life does go on. It has to. But I hope that people will reflect upon the events of that day, remain steadfast in their faith, supportive of our troops in harms way to keep us safe from another attack, and, of course, take some time to say a prayer for the victims' families.

Over the years since 9/11/01, I have written newspaper "letters to the editor", message board posts, and blogposts commemorating that awful day.

It has been amazing to me (yet, not surprising) that the conspiracy theorists started their crazy, lunatic "explanations" for what had happened only two years out from that dreadful, tragic day.

It only got worse as the years went by. They have been refuted, time and time again, but just as the Bush haters will never change, so be it for the conspiracy theorists.

How ironic is it that the latest bin Laden tape is an attempt to get them to see that it was him, and his radical Islamic terrorist organization that was responsible for this attack upon our nation?

How weird is it that Bin Laden and his ilk obviously do not want the Bush Administration to "get credit" (so to speak) for that awful, evil deed that Osama and Al Qaida were so obviously responsible for?!

What a crazy, twisted world-of-Oz the conspiracy theorists live in!!!

The following articles and links are an accumulation of pieces I wrote and/or shared from other writers after the 9/11 tragedy. You may find yourself needing to ignore some of the comments at the end of some of the posts. Can't control the loons, you know...

Christine

*******


How Has Your Life Changed Since 9/11/01?"

LAST EDITED ON Sep-12-03 AT 12:05 PM (PST)

My best friend Kelly and her family went to NYC in 2002 and visited the cleared away site of the WTC towers. She brought back a special gift for me. It is a framed photo of the huge steel cross with the American flag in the background. This symbol of Christ's sacrifice for mankind was found in the wreckage. At the bottom of the photo are 5 men praying. This photo reminds me that every day of my life, time spent with family and friends, is a precious gift from the Lord.

As a result of that fateful day, who didn't find themselves asking, "if I were to die tonight, where would I spend eternity?" I realized that as a Christian, I should not ever waste the opportunity to share the Gospel with anyone who might be willing to listen. This tragic and sobering event in our nation's history has led many people to seek God for an answer to the purpose of their lives. I have given away Bibles and books to many teens and adults who need that answer. I have created a website and discussion forum which is dedicated to providing timeless biblical answers to life's most important questions. The biggest change in my personal life has been not to shy away or hide my faith, but to boldly share Christ with others. My new life verse is Ephesians 6:20b, "Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should."

Christine


*******


It happened again. The year turned and Sept. 11 was on our calendar as it has been as long as there've been calendars. But Sept. 11 is different, as will be every one hereafter because of what happened that day, two years ago.

As FDR said of Dec. 7, 1941 – "a day that will live in infamy." That was the day of a massive attack on the United States of America at Pearl Harbor.

Sept. 11, 2001, is another such day. It was the day of a massive attack on this country and it, too, will live in infamy.

Or, will it?

The reality of that day, despite the enormity of the crime, the magnitude of the loss of life, the scope of the material loss, has frayed a bit – and it's only been two years.

What's changed? The people? The politics? The world? The law? The media? Our sensibilities?

Whatever it is, there's no doubt something is radically different in our attitude – our public attitude at least – and in my mind, it will lead to nothing less than our destruction as a people of American unity and our unity as an independent nation.



Read entire article at:

The Past is Present by Barbara Simpson at World Net Daily.


*******

In 2005, The Man Who Predicted 9/11

*******

In 2006, 9/11 Survivor: Sense of Urgency to Share Gospel

*******

See LGF's How Much We Have Forgotten

*******
Evening Update:

Sadly, we have Traitor Dennis Kucinich appearing on Syrian T.V. What a gutless, vile traitor he is!! I can't even stand to watch and listen to him! I agree with Michael Savage...Kucinich should have been arrested the moment he returned to the U.S.!!

2 comments:

Neil said...

Good point about the bizarre situation where the radical Left wants to think that Bush masterminded 9/11 but Osama and gang want credit themselves!

Jaded said...

It's insanity to me that the radical left can completely rewrite history in their own minds, even though they accuse conservatives of the same thing.

The Islamic Jihadists have been trying for years to destroy targets in the US. Did they forget the first bombing in NY? That happened when Clinton was in office. And how is it Bush's fault when the plans for the terror attack were made during the Clinton administration? They didn't plan, train and carry out these acts in the 9 months Bush had been in office at that point.

No, it wasn't Clinton's fault either. The fact is, as Osama said, they hate anyone who doesn't believe what they believe, in the way in which they believe it. They hate Christians. They hate Jews. They hate Muslims who don't join them. It has nothing to do with Democrat or Republican....it has to do with religious ideology. Theirs is so skewed that they think they're supposed to slaughter anyone who believes differently. They are frightening, dangerous people who, if given the opportunity, would kill the radical left as quickly as they'd kill Bush and not give it a second thought.