Thursday, May 05, 2011

Obama Snubs 9/11/01 Family Member

One more brief post tonight. I was horrified when I heard the interview between Martha McCallum (subbing for Megyn Kelly's show) on Fox News Channel and Debra Burlingame, who met with Obama after his Ground Zero appearance today.

Atlas Shrugs summed it up well:

Debra Burlingame, the sister of Charles "Chic" Burlingame (pilot of the plane that crashed into the Pentagon) met with President Obama today, along with other families who were victims of 9/11. Burlingame said she confronted Obama about Attorney General Eric Holder prosecuting the men who interrogated KSM, which may have produced intelligence leading us to bin Laden.

Burlingame describes the encounter with Obama: "As a former attorney I know you can't tell the Attorney General what to do, he said, 'No, I can't.' But I said 'we -- that shouldn't stop you from giving your opinion. We wouldn't be here today if they hadn't done their jobs. Can't you at least give them your opinion.' And he said 'no I won't,' and he turned around and walked away."


How's that for compassion??  Not!

Ugh....

No comments: