Monday, December 17, 2007

Neil's Comments on Comments

Intriguing blogpost title, isn't it?

Since I ended up being way to busy to write a new post here at Talk Wisdom today, I thought that I would link to Neil's and draw your attention to his latest blogpost called, Comments on comments. It's truly excellent!

I confess, I didn't take the time to read through all of the comments over there yet, but I will get to it eventually.

Meanwhile, go over and read Neil's post. It is written to the "gaggle of atheists" who invaded from atheism's guru, Richard Dawkin's site.

Had to chuckle at that term "gaggle." Looked it up, too. I think that the third definition fits:

gaggle - 3. an often noisy or disorderly group or gathering: a politician followed by a gaggle of supporters.


Ha! Such a funny word, but highly descriptive!

When I decided to add to the comments there, I couldn't resist replying to the last one (at the time).

Here was the comment:


Mike Goldthorpe, on December 17th, 2007 at 9:53 pm Said:
“They are just a bunch of molecules on an evolutionary path”
“And God formed the man [of] dust of the earth”
Not that different then
OK, really, I’m off. Bye all! Catch you all next year!


My reply:


Wow Neil, from the volume of comments here you really must have hit some nerves with this post! Your comment on "comments" is excellent!

I just skipped down to the end of this very long comment thread to tell you that! I will come back to read through them all when I have more time.

But, now I can't resist replying to Mike Goldthorpe's last comment above.

He wrote: "They are just a bunch of molecules on an evolutionary path”
“And God formed the man [of] dust of the earth”
Not that different then.


I beg to differ...they are EXTREMELY different.

Evolution claims, "in the beginning, were the particles."

The Bible tells us "In the beginning, God..."

Evolution borrows inferences from the Creator without being willing to give Him credit. Go find your own dust!

The Bible tells us, "In the beginning, God created..." He spoke the universe into existence. Did you know that there is even a legitimate scientific hypothesis and experiment about this?

God is outside of our current, mere scientific boundaries. And yet, there are those "intellectual elites" that arrogantly attempt to claim to "know better." Hmmm....seems to me that such arrogance (from atheists/agnostics/skeptics a.k.a. "intellectual elites") is much more snooty and smug than anything that Neil has shared.

Evolution tells us, "In the beginning, these mindless movements of matter created..."

What is the most important difference?

You (Mike Goldthorpe) forgot to add that God breathed life (His spirit) into the man and he became a living being.

What does the concept of evolution offer as an alternative to this?

Conclusion?

There is a world of difference...

HT: Eternity Matters

*******
Update: Just went back and read the first two comments. Notice the Freudian slip typo in this one:

Mike Goldthorpe, on December 16th, 2007 at 9:25 pm Said:
Being one of those baffling people, I’ll just reiterate that I am NOT angry! Just an athiest Nice guy too - fatehr of a beautiful little daughter, scientist and part time mechanic (perils of running a British car). I just need someone to explain things to me as I really can’t understand how one can be religious.
See, not only us that baffle - it works both ways At least here I may be able to understand and hopefully make you understand people like me. In the nicest possible way, of course…


fatehr....makes me sad for the fate of this daughter who will be raised not to believe in Jesus. Her fate is in the hands of this atheist dad who "really can't understand how one can be religious." How truly sad...

3 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Dear Christine:

WOW! I thank God for Neil’s words. They were truly inspired by God. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight oh Lord my strength and my redeemer. Neil’s mouth and heart were truly “in tune” with God as “Comments on comments-updated” was written and posted on 16December. Two things caught my attention:

“If you are bitter about some Christian who mistreated you or in how your parents brought you up, then you have my sympathy. Seriously. But projecting that onto God isn’t right, fair or smart.”

I was angry and bitter in my heart for many years when I walked in the sin of homosexuality for more than 20 years and the sin of drunkenness for more than 30 years. My anger and bitterness inside evolved from the hurt and pain caused by the enemy from childhood sexual abuse and also the real and perceived rejection from significant others in my life. I praise God for His written Word where we are told to be transformed by the renewing of our minds (see ROM 12:2). My life “in” Christ shows the reality of this truth. It was a divine revelation for me when God showed me I was in the center of His will when I was abused and rejected. My testimony is a wonderful gift from the Lord. Praise His Name.

Secondly: “If people want to know about the solution to their seemingly hopeless problem of sin then I’d be glad to tell them about Jesus. But I don’t force it on anyone.” We expose darkness as we walk in the light of Christ. There is never a need to point fingers, judge or condemn the sin in another’s life. Conviction of sin is the work of the Holy Spirit. Our job as believers is to walk in the Love of Christ. When we do this, we are walking in His humility.

God bless you this day, Christine. It is cold in Columbia, South Carolina. You are sharing more and more of the light of Christ as you unselfishly give a venue to the words of other brothers and sisters who are part of the one Church body (spiritual Israel). Peace and mercy to all who are new creations “in” Him, even to the Israel of God (see GAL 6:16). You are loved and prayed for “little” sister. (ss)

Neil said...

Susan and Christine - thanks so much to both of you! Those atheists wear me out sometimes. I try to be patient, knowing they are living in the dark.

Duane said...

Hi Christine,

Found you through Neil's Blog actually. What a good job you're doing here. Keep up the good work.

Anyway, I was just scrolling through and something caught my eye, where you said, "He spoke the universe into existence. Did you know that there is even a legitimate scientific hypothesis and experiment about this?"

And I thought, could she be talking about Hunt? So I followed the link. Wow, she is! Just so happens that one of my readers asked me to give my thoughts on that recently. So I have actually blogged on this. Just thought you'd be interested?
http://home.people.net.au/~DuanesMind/wpblog/?p=169

God Keep You,
Duane