Saturday, June 30, 2007

Where Deb's Theology is Skewed

As it turns out, there aren't many comments over at Deb's blog that are worth responding to, with the exception of one written by "Brett."

Brett wrote:

"With this statement you make faith in the Bible as important as faith in God. You have it wrong. According to the Bible, Jesus is the supreme source of truth, not the Bible itself."

My response: You misrepresent me in your statement. My faith is in God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. The Bible reveals the triune nature of God to us and it's main message points to Jesus Christ for our salvation.

Perhaps the following will clarify my beliefs. The parts in bold are representative of where Deb's theology is skewed. I have placed numbers in front of these points and have matched them up with just some of the reasons why I believe (according to God's Word) that Deb is presenting a reprobate theology with her "homosexual behavior is not sin" mantra.

What We Believe...

* About God:

God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, [1]and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.

Genesis 1:26-27; Genesis 3:22; Psalms 90:2; Matthew 28:19; 1 Peter 1:2; 2 Corinthians 13:14

*About Humankind:

We are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like him in character. We are the supreme object of God's creation. Although humankind has tremendous potential for good, (2) we are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God, called "sin." This attitude separates us from God.

Genesis 1:27; Psalms 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6; Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1,2

*About Eternity:

We all were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally in union with God (3) through forgiveness and salvation or separated from God by sin. Heaven is the place of eternal union and eternal life with God. The eternal separation from God is called Hell.

John 3:16; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15; (Hell)

Matthew 25:41; Revelation 21:27 (Heaven)

* About Jesus Christ:

Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and (4) offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heavens glory and will return again, to earth, to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Matthew 1:22-23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5; John 14:10-30; Hebrews 4:14, 15; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4; Romans 1:3,4; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Timothy 6:14,15; Titus 2:13

*About Salvation:

Salvation is a gift from God to mankind. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. (4) Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God's offer of forgiveness can we be saved from sin's penalty. Eternal life begins the moment we receive Jesus Christ into our life by faith.

Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8,9; John 14:6; John 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1

*About The Holy Spirit:

The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make mankind aware of our need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual gifts, (5) and guidance in doing what is right. The Christian's responsibility is to seek and to live under His will daily.

2 Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13; John 14:16,17; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 3:16; Ephesians 1:13; Galatians 5:25; Ephesians 5:1

*About Spiritual Gifts:

The gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to each believer in Jesus Christ, (6) allowing for greater intimacy with God and power for accomplishing His work in our world today. We believe that God, the giver of gifts, gives severally as he wills, and with emphasis on growing maturity in Jesus Christ. These gifts are revealed and then can be used for His purposes and powerfully influence and affect our world for Christ.

1Corinthians 12:4-7, 11, 17, 29, 30

*About The Bible:

The Bible is God's Word to all mankind. It was written by human authors, (7) under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without any mixture of error.

2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20, 21; 2 Timothy 1:13; Psalms 12:6; 119:105, 160; Proverbs 30:5

(1) Because the Holy Spirit is co-equal and one God, He would not guide any believer away from God's Word or will. This is what Deb (unfortunately) does when (7)she claims that the Bible does not say that homosexual behavior is sin.

The Bible is clear in our need to confess and repent of sin (which means to turn away, not willfully continue in that sin while preaching or teaching others that it's not sin in the first place).

In 1 Corinthians 6:11, (the verse that Deb wrote about previously), the qualifying point of "for such were some of you," are the terms that follow which tell us "but you are washed, you are sanctified, you are justified."

Notice that these are active terms.

In the prior verses, we are told what they were.

In the verses that follow, we are told what not to be!

We are told to flee sexual immorality and to "not make the members of Christ into a harlot." In the KJV, it is where we get the term "God forbid." ("Certainly not" in the NKJV). Further, in the final 5 verses, we are told:

a. Paul makes reference to Genesis where God's Word says that a man and a woman (no other relationship is authorized) "shall become one flesh." This negates any other sexual relationship as being sanctioned by God.

b. He (or she) who is joined is "one in spirit with God." This means that our spirits are to be joined according to His will, not ours. Therefore, the (7) Holy Spirit indwelling the believer would never lead a saved person back into sin. (2) Since we still are "in the flesh" while here on earth, we have the free will choice to follow the Holy Spirit's leading or our own fleshly desires.

Willfully continuing in homosexual behavior (or any other sin) is an indication that the person is continuing in his/her own will according to the flesh.

One does not lose their salvation (if they are genuinely saved in the first place), but each believer will appear at the (3) Judgment Seat of Christ (see 2 Cor. 5:10) to answer for deeds done on earth.

For the believer, this judgment involves rewards (or lack thereof) in heaven. (4) Our sins are not counted against us because we have repented and believe that Jesus is the Savior.

For non-believers, however, the situation is dire! They will go to the (3) White Throne Judgment (see Rev. 20:11-15).

With that said, when Deb promotes a false, reprobate theology, she is placing people at risk for missing (2,3,4)genuine salvation.

Not a good thing to be doing!

This is why I asked her:

(2) Doesn't it bother you that your beliefs concerning homosexuality as "not being a sin" is exactly the same as the secular world's view?

Jesus told us that his kingdom is "not of this world." Yet, Deb continues to want one foot in the "gay world of sin" and one foot in Jesus' kingdom. What's worse, is the fact that she is encouraging others to do the exact same thing.

That is not repentance!

She may claim Jesus as her Savior, but when will Deb go all the way and (5,6) embrace him as Lord over her entire life?

Jesus warned us that the end times would be like the "Days of Noah," and "the Days of Lot." The rampant evil and sin in each of these times is going on today. Jesus also said in Luke 17:22,

"Remember Lot's wife."

I will have an upcoming post giving much more detail about why Jesus made that statement in the course of discussing the end times. Suffice it to say, for right now, that we all know that Lot's wife looked back longingly towards Sodom and Gomorrah. She had every opportunity to repent, but in the end she was (2) lured back into sin. There is much to learn about this incident.

It isn't just a coincidence that Sodom was destroyed because of rampant sexual sin (including homosexual sin) and Jesus specifically mentions it as a Sign of the End Times.

People, this gay christian movement of reprobate theology is a strong indication that we're approaching the end times at warp speed! We're smack, dab in the middle of Jesus' warning that "it will be as in the Days of Lot."

Since God rained down fire and brimstone upon Sodom and Gomorrah in the Days of Lot, and the story of Sodom (see Genesis 19:1-29) is about rampant sexual sin (including the homosexuals attempting to break down Lot's door to get at the angels appearing as men in Lot's residence) then it is absolutely ridiculous and ludicrous to think that Jesus would approve of homosexual acts today, or, especially, a gay christian movement that approves of such a sin.

Judgment was swift and immediate towards those perpetrators (they were blinded by God so they couldn't find the door) and followed by the total, firey judgment and destruction of the entire cities.

When we are born again in Christ, we are a new creation.

2Cr 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Read on (2 Cr. 5:18) and you will see that when we are reconciled unto God through Christ, we are now to be involved in the ministry of reconciliation.

Notice in verse 19 that God's Word says, "that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

2Cr 5:20
Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God.

2Cr 5:21
For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
(bold mine)

In our worship and thanks to Jesus Christ for what he did for us at the cross, we are to strive to "become the righteousness of God in Him." This corresponds with Jesus' request to us once we are believers, "If you love me, keep my commandments."

Homosexual behavior is a form of adultery. God's Word sanctions no other type of sexual relationship other than one man married to one woman. Homosexual pride (note the huge "gay" pride parade going on in London today) is a form of idolatry. The people "worship the created rather than the Creator, who is to be blessed forever, Amen." (see
Romans 1:25)

c. The following verses in 1 Corinthians tells us why we are to flee sexual immorality! It is because once we are born again and belong to Christ, our bodies are not our own and our bodies are to be considered a temple for the Holy Spirit.

Further, we are to glorify God in our bodies and our spirits; which, as our Creator, belong to God anyway (whether one wants to recognize this fact or not).

1Cr 6:18
Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.
1Cr 6:19
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
1Cr 6:20
For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.


We were bought at a price. A HUGE price. The body and blood of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I take the gospel message very seriously and desire to share it accurately with everyone.

Some people may doubt my motives; especially on this issue.

So be it.

But I agree with what author Jerry Cesario writes in the conclusion of his "Days of Lot" essay:

I think the Bible is pretty clear, don't you? The problem isn't with homosexuality exclusively. You can replace that sin with any from the list, it simply doesn't matter. Sin is sin is sin! That is the key to this whole thing. However, the elusion to the days of Lot by Jesus Christ, and the delusion that is spreading in the world today are unmistakably linked to the homosexual lifestyle. Thus it is the issue that needs to be dealt with today.

As followers of and believers in Jesus Christ we must be compassionate and seek every opportunity to extend the Gospel to all sinners. Homosexuals do need to be reminded of their specific sins, but rather that their sins are forgiven through the blood of Jesus, should they want it and confess that Jesus is Lord.

For those who are watching the skies and looking for Christ's return, this impending flood is inching oh so much closer. The great rescuing of the Church is surely nigh. Keep the faith saints, and do not bend on the essentials of the faith. The degree of sin being displayed may be perceived as worse than any other, but it is still just sin. We were all guilty before we received the grace of God. Don't forget that God dearly loves the sinner and does not have any joy in the death of the wicked. He loves the homosexual just as much as any other, so much that he sent his Son to die for them too... Written by Jerry Cesario (bold mine)

Friday, June 29, 2007

Confronting the Deception of Reprobate Theology

I knew it would happen eventually. I knew that one or more of the active gay christian movement advocates would write a misleading, inaccurate and completely pejorative blogpost about my (as well as fellow Christian believer's) efforts in biblically confronting the deception of reprobate (a.k.a. "gay," or "queer") theology.

Mark's post entitled "A gay dream in the modern gospel" is a must read.

Mark writes:

The last words the gay dreamers in the modern gospel speak are obedience, submission, and sacrifice.


My friend over at gmcwatch also exposes what the truth is about the gay christian reprobate movement:

I think it is accurate to tie the gay christian movement to such theological terms as reprobate, false, etc, etc. We are commanded to earnestly contend for the faith (fight to maintain the true faith) once delivered to the saints and that is what we are doing. We are not character assassinating but attacking and defending truth with God's word and any corroborating evidence, reason and logic where applicable.

The church at large has been afraid to really deal with this inhouse heretical movement because of exactly what Deb did to you. Attack your character. They have had a hands off approach, but the Holy Spirit told me no more free passes. Take their doctrine to task and expose it to the light. So we are trying to do that with a spirit of excellence.

If you are not familiar with the history between Deb, Mark and I, then I suggest that you at least read through this post and it will give you a basic idea of what has been going on in our conversations.

Next, read Deb's latest diatribe against Mark and I.

Mark has often responded with biblical truth against Deb's heretical worldview and statements. Deb lashes out and is angry with him because, quite frankly, her argument is with God's Word, not us.

The following is a copy of my latest comment at her blog. There are several links that confront the deception of reprobate theology and blow the lid off of Deb's heresy. I hope that you will take the time to read them all.

This issue is extremely important, people. It is not a "little denominational spat" between Christian believers. This conversation is an example of what the book of Jude warns us would happen the closer we get to the end times. We do not know the day nor hour, but as Jesus told us, we are to look for the "signs of the times" and confront, not ignore, the deception that is happening right before our very eyes!

In Christ,

Here is a copy of my latest comment at Deb's blog:

I guess you missed this part in my comment in this thread entitled "Is Scripture Authoritative In Your Life?":

Deb wrote: When I speak of spiritual experiences, I speak of the Holy Spirit talking and moving within me.

I responded with several Scriptures that tell us what God's Word says (concerning the Holy Spirit's leading).

Now go back and read the verses. I pray that you will see that the Holy Spirit living within the believer does not lead a person away from the truth of God's Word. Other kinds of "spirits" indwelling a person might do that, but not the Holy Spirit.

I find it quite telling that you didn't link to that particular thread at my blog, Deb.

Mark posted an awesome quote from Dr. John MacArthur that totally demolishes your heresy regarding this quote of yours:

Mark wrote: "Here is Deb's word, not God's..."

Deb wrote: "If you believe that Jesus is Lord and proclaim it with your mouth, then you are automatically saved!!!"

Mark: "Wrong! and foolish."

John MacArthur quote:

What does the Bible teach about the relationship between salvation and repentance? First, it teaches that repentance is essential to salvation. One cannot truly believe unless he repents, and one cannot truly repent unless he believes. Repentance and faith are two sides of the same coin (but they are not synonymous terms). Acts 11:18 and 2 Peter 3:9 are two of the many verses that teach that repentance is necessary for salvation. Perhaps 2 Timothy 2:25 best sums up the relationship between repentance and saving faith when it speaks of "repentance to the acknowledging of the truth" (see also Acts 20:21).

Second, the Greek word for repentance (metanoia) means "to have another mind," but it cannot properly be defined to exclude a sense of hatred of and penitence for sin. The biblical concept of repentance involves far more than merely a casual change of thinking. Biblically, a person who repents does not continue willfully in sin. Repentance is a turning from sin, and it always results in changed behavior (Luke 3:8). While sorrow from sin is not equivalent to repentance, it is certainly an element of scriptural repentance (2 Corinthians 7:10).

Finally, despite what is being widely taught today, affirming that repentance and acknowledgement of Jesus' lordship are necessary to salvation does not "add" anything to the requirement of faith for salvation. It is not "faith plus repentance" that saves, but rather a repentant faith. The notion that salvation is possible apart from a genuine, heartfelt repentance, which includes a deep hatred of sin, is a relatively new one, neither believed nor taught by the people of God until the twentieth century.
Written by Dr John MacArthur

You need to read all of the following:

Would Jesus sanction sin?

Reprobate Theology: The homosexual seduction of the American church

Patriarchs of the Christian Faith, Early Writers Clearly Condemned Homosexuality

God's Standard Regarding Homosexuality

Just so you don't miss this comment over at gay christian movement watch from a commenter named "Taressa" to a gay christian movement advocate named "Brian," I have provided the sections of her comment that will give you what you claim we haven't provided; scriptural referencse that condemn homosexuality:

I just wanted to send you a response to your post about the lack of scriptural references condemning homosexuality. Please read Lev. 18:22, 20:13, and Romans 1:26-27.

Also there is 1Cor. 6:9(KJV) that states,

9Know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor
abusers of themselves with mankind


9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders


9Do you not know that the unrighteous and the wrongdoers will not inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived (misled): neither the impure and immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who participate in homosexuality,

There you go Brian. Now, I would like for you to show me scriptural references that condone homosexuality. What this really boils down to is sin. Not “gay” sin
or “straight” sin but SIN and until you see it for what it really is, it won’t matter how many scriptural references I send you.

Also if you send me scriptures, please don’t send me scriptures about God’s love that many homosexuals use out of context. God’s love is not the question, it is
how do you line up with His Word. I am not judging you but from what I have read from your other posts, you are quite content with your lifestyle despite it
being contrary to sound doctrine.

Lastly, I wanted to include a portion of an email from a dear blogging friend over at gay christian movement watch. This person has been reading and studying our convos and has given me permission to share the following:


THANK YOU for you diligence to expose false doctrine.
I wanted to point out in your latest post a case in point with Deb.

You, according to scripture, attacked her false beliefs. She attacked your character. You gave the scripture, she gave her opinion of you. This is exactly what we are pointing out at gcm watch. There is a reason why they will not engage other Christians with scripture. They are either (1) afraid (2) hate it (3) know there doctrine cannot be supported.

We need to hammer this home. Her first sentence about concentrating on homosexuality is evasive and tactical. She wants you to feel guilty and therefore abandon what you are saying. And she wants to refocus anyone's attention on perceived personalities flaws (yours) instead of what the scripture is clearly saying. She wants to focus on the good news. But the good news is "REPENT for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." That was Jesus FIRST sermon. Matt 4:17. And notice it came immediately after his tangle with the devil.

Christine, I don't know of any other false doctrine movement which fits the bill better than the gay christian movement.

Also let me explain why I write "gay christian movement" as such. Once the word Christian is paired with a sin condition as an unrepentant adjective, it loses it power as a reflection of the Living Christ. So I decapitalize it to emphasize that.

It would be the same if someone would call themselves a "prochoice christian" or a "adult film star christian". We have to take back the standard of holiness by putting a difference between what is holy and unholy. Lev 10:10

Christian News Update

The political gymnastics going on in Massachusetts regarding the liberal left loonie government legislators refusal to allow the people to use their God-given, democratic republic right to vote "gay" marriage out and define marriage as only a union between one man and one woman is nothing but a blatant form of anarchy being placed upon the good people of that state. The people of Massachusetts may have lost this one battle, but they aren't giving up. They are in it to win that war, no matter how long it takes!

We must not lose heart when things look bad. There is always much hope! When people rally around a cause, their voices cannot help but be heard and, eventually, heeded!

The defeat of the amnesty bill in Congress yesterday is one example. All the news shows reported that those who are against this blanket amnesty travesty of justice, burned up the phone lines to all the Senator's offices. This shows us that speaking up against legislators who obviously don't represent what their constituents really want, do not always win. If we stand strong, together, and raise our voices loud and clear, we will be heard, and, as in the case of the amnesty bill travesty, our concerns will be heeded !

The recent rally that was held in Puerto Rico is another encouraging example of citizens who refuse to be bullied into submission on an issue that they totally reject!

David Parker addresses 20,000 at massive march and rally in Puerto Rico, with blanket TV coverage, as citizens take to streets over proposed “civil unions” law!

SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO (JUNE 10-12, 2007) David Parker addressed a rally on the steps of the Capitol building following a two-mile march through the streets of San Juan by Puerto Ricans from across the island. Police estimated the crowds at over 20,000 people. The event capped a three-day speaking tour of the island to warn Puerto Ricans about what the homosexual agenda will do in their schools and in society.

Puerto Rico’s legislature is considering a sweeping homosexual “civil unions” law, which has infuriated citizens who became energized to take swift and forceful action.

The march, rally, and David Parker’s appearances were covered extensively by all five of Puerto Rico’s TV stations, three radio stations, plus newspapers and other media.

Parker was brought to Puerto Rico by Coalicion de la Familia, the island’s largest pro-family organization, which also was the lead organizer of the rally. During his three-day stay, Parker also spoke at churches, pro-family groups, and news conferences across the island.

In April, 2005, David Parker was arrested and brought to jail over the refusal of school officials to notify him when adults discuss homosexuality or transgenderism with son in Kindergarten. The incident made national news here in America, and the continued refusal of Lexington, MA school officials has brought on a federal Civil Rights lawsuit from the Parkers and another family, the Wirthlins.

Across the island David Parker was given a hero’s welcome and Puerto Ricans were eager to hear his message. Parker warned them that elevating homosexual behavior to a status equivalent to marriage will bring a flood of homosexual books, lessons, and other indoctrination into the schools – as has happened in Massachusetts.

“You must have zero tolerance for this,” said Parker, “or they will be marketing sodomy to your children. No one has to tolerate state officials invading familial privacy, denigrating faith, and dictating their contorted view of 'morality' to impressionable children behind the backs of parents. We will continue defending the innocence of children and our parental rights to guide their upbringing -- as long as it takes."

During the rally at the Capitol steps, a group of Legislative leaders who had not been previously invited -- and had not supported the pro-family position -- reacted to the will of the people and came on to the stage and publicly pledged that they would stop the measure from moving forward.

The display of outrage by Puerto Rican citizens, which was particularly directed at the Legislature, appears to have had a big effect. The change to the civil code seems to have been put off indefinitely.

A lesson for us?
Parker observed that, compared to many Americans, the average Puerto Ricans are less afraid of name-calling by the left, and much more willing to be outspoken with the truth, and to publicly stand by their religious beliefs. This rally was unquestionably an impressive show of citizen action.


Please go to the link above to see several photos taken at the rally. See how 20,000 people showed that THEY ARE ADAMANT on this issue, they are WILLING TO (as the last photo caption states) 'draw a line in the Puerto Rican sand'!


My daughter and I recently saw the movie Evan Almighty. We went into this movie not expecting much biblical accuracy, but hoped that it would be humorous and at least have a positive message. We were both pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the movie.

I was kind of surprised to read this negative review about the movie. (Warning: might contain spoilers)

Of course, being a Hollywood made movie, there had to be a few sexual innuendos (that weren't necessary to the plot and, quite frankly, came off as awkward and out of place); but I thought it was far less offensive than "Bruce Almighty."

The author of the review has some good points, however. I guess I just wasn't expecting the movie to be accurate in portraying the Christian, biblical message, so I wasn't disappointed when it wasn't there. The "insulting to Christians" parts in the movie that are mentioned by the reviewer must have just skipped past my radar screen.

For my daughter and I, it was a light-hearted comedy with a good message (although not a gospel message) and was entertaining to watch!

ARK! (a.k.a. Acts of Random Kindness!)

Thursday, June 28, 2007

News Roundup

Senator Voinovich self-destructs on Hannity's radio show.It's truly a sad day to realize that conservative radio talk show host, Sean Hannity, knows more about two key issues (the amnesty bill and the re-emergence of the so-called "Fairness Doctrine" which is code word for silencing conservative voices in America) than an active Senator!

read more | digg story

News Roundup

While running errands yesterday, I heard about Senator Voinovich self-destructing on Hannity's radio show.

It's truly a sad day to realize that a conservative radio talk show host knows more about two key issues (the amnesty bill and the re-emergence of the so-called "Fairness Doctrine" which is code word for silencing conservative voices in America) than an active Senator!

Excerpts from article:

Sen. George Voinovich, R-Ohio, misunderstood the results of a vote on an amendment to the "comprehensive immigration reform" bill being debated in the upper house today.

The key sticking point in the conversation was Hannity's question as to whether the senator had done a cost analysis on the bill. The Heritage Foundation, a conservative think-tank, estimates the bill would cost the American taxpayers $2.5 trillion.
Voinovich said he didn't believe the cost would be that high because a third of those eligible for a path to citizenship would never take it.

"How do you know that?" Hannity asked. "Where does that figure come from?"

Voinovich did not provide any supporting evidence for his contention and admitted he had read neither the bill itself or the Heritage Foundation analysis.

So, a Senator who was elected to represent the people didn't bother to even read the amnesty bill nor the Heritage Foundation cost analysis? What the &%@# has this guy been doing up on Capitol Hill? Feeding the pidgeons on the steps??

The senator complained that some of his constituents have attempted to "intimidate" him by saying they would oppose his re-election if he voted for the bill.


Sorry to have to say this folks...but what an idiot he is!

But it gets worse.

We find out the real reason why Voinovich wants to press this bill through; regardless of how much the public does not want it!

When Hannity began making the case against the "amnesty" bill, Voinovich interrupted, asking: "Are you happy with the current legislation? Our current laws stink!"

Our current laws stink? But why do they stink? Hannity has the exact answer:

"No one is enforcing those laws, senator," said Hannity. "That's the problem. It's been five and half years since 9/11, and the border is still not secure."

Now, on to the subject of the "Fairness Doctrine" which is anything but the promotion of "fairness."

The conversation began with a question from Hannity about whether the senator supported the Fairness Doctrine, currently a hot topic among Voinovich's colleagues.

"Fairness Doctrine – I'm all for it, whatever it is," he said. "I think everyone should be open to show the other side. That's what you do every night on Fox. That's great!"

When Hannity reminded Voinovich that the Fairness Doctrine would establish government regulatory bureaucracies to enforce this balance, Voinovich quickly retreated.

Voinovich: I'm all for it, whatever it is?? He doesn't even know what it's about and he's for it?

This guy lives in the Twilight Zone!

And, the final "nail in the coffin" of Voinovich's ignorance was this:

Voinovich also asserted efforts in the Senate earlier in the day were successful at amending the immigration bill to require illegal aliens to return to their nation of origin before getting on a path for a green card. When Hannity pointed out the measure failed in a 53-45 vote, Voinovich seemed stunned.

This makes me shudder, people. Our nation is in serious trouble if this is what goes on in Congress on a regular basis.

"He doesn't even know what the Fairness Doctrine is," exclaimed Hannity. "He doesn't even know the outcome of a vote in the Senate today. And he gets mad at me when I try to explain it to him!"


HT: WorldNetDaily


Conservative Calls and Emails Working for Stopping the Amnesty Bill!

HT: The Loft


The New Eugenics Experiments Of The Future?

This is just absolutely bizarre!

I wonder if this will turn out to be a misguided experiment like the cloning of "Dolly" the sheep (who died a young death).

Will unethical experiments lead to the artificial insemination of sperm derived in this way? Will a normal child be born or will it turn out to be just another hideous experiment?

Scary article title, too.

"Will science render men unnecessary?"

So much for God's Word which tells us that a "man shall leave his mother and father" and "cleave unto his wife", and "the two shall become one."

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Mat 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Mar 10:7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;

Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

(Thanks to Sothenes at Talkwisdom message board for alerting me to this article.)



Update @ 8:57 a.m. PT:

Immigration Bill Cloture Vote Fails!

Time to celebrate!


Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Oprah's Gospel?

Take a look at The Gospel according to Oprah. Comment reactions to the video are quite an interesting read, too.

HT: Sothenes at Talkwisdom Message Board.

One of the best comments at the GodTube site:

I do not view posting this as judgmental. I view it as Christians being informed and knowing how we should pray for someone who is so influential in our society as Oprah.

The Bible does not say that you will get to Heaven by doing good deeds. John 14:6 says "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Jesus is the ONLY way, He said so Himself in this verse. The sad thing here is that Oprah has a good heart, she does good deeds, but does that make her saved? I cannot say if she is a Christian or not because ONLY God knows her heart, BUT I can say that when she tells people (even if it is just her opinion) that there is more than one way to Heaven and it does not have to be Jesus that she is leading people astray.

It is important as a Christian to not lose sight of what that means. Christ is the ONLY truth; it does not matter if people choose to accept that fact or not, because in the end all will know it to be truth even if they did not accept Him when they had the chance.

The Bible says in Philippians 2:9-11 "Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

I do agree that Oprah has done some wonderful things for people who are suffering in this world and that should challenge every Christian to evaluate what we are doing for others. But wouldn't you agree that while doing these wonderful things Glory and Honor should be given to Jesus Christ who has given her everything including her life?

What a powerful witness for Jesus Oprah could be because of what she can do with the wealth that the Lord has blessed her with. Instead, we see "I did this, and I did that...I, me, etc."

Fame, fortune, good deeds, all of that will fade away.

Jesus said in Matthew 26:6 "What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?"

Bottom line we should pray for Oprah. We should pray that the Lord (who she says she believes in) will unveil her heart and show her that there truly is only one way to heaven and that is through Jesus Christ.

Just because we do not agree with her opinion does not mean we have judged her. As Christians we should stand up for the Truth when a deceptive lie is spoken that could lead many astray. (bold mine)


A Good Reminder For Us All

I have read this story in the past. Perhaps you have read it too. But it serves as a good reminder for us all to take the time and read it once again.

This modern day parable helps us to consider, and contemplate, God's meaning and purpose for our lives. It answers the question of why God allows pain and suffering in this world. It demonstrates to us that He wants all of us to come to Him. It reveals that oftentimes it takes pain and suffering for those who may have previously ignored Him or have proclaimed that "God doesn't exist" to finally come to their senses and realize that they are lost without Him!

I hope that you might then be motivated to share this simple, but powerful story with others!


P.S. Special thanks to my blogging friend Anna, for sending this to me via email today!

This is one of the best explanations of why God allows pain and suffering that I have seen:

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects.

When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: "I don't believe that God exists."

"Why do you say that?" asked the customer.

"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument.

The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber:

"You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber. "I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!"

"No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside."

"Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me."

"Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! That's what happens when people do not go to Him and don't look to Him for help. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

If you think God exists, share this story with other people---


Is Scripture Authoritative In Your Life?

2 Peter 2:1-22 contains a harsh, but necessary message. It serves as a warning to those who would lead others into heresies that are not the true gospel of Jesus Christ.

The current phenomenon of the "Gay" Christian Movement is only one of the myriad of heresies going on today. However, it appears to be one of the hardest strongholds for those involved to break free from. The so-called "ministers" of this movement can only be spotted, found out, and opposed by those who adhere to the true gospel of Christ and know God's Word. Thus, we can recognize the error(s) inherent in this current movement.

One of the best websites that I have found which counters this heretical movement is
Gay Christian Movement Watch. The testimonies, articles, commentary and comments there from those on both sides of this issue are exposing the fact that gay-behavior affirming churches are leading many astray through invoking their own kind of "doctrine" that is anathema to what the Bible actually teaches us concerning homosexual behavior.

Case in point. When you read the comments written by a self-identified lesbian minister, you will notice (as I had previously posted):

The lesbian minister did not cite one verse of Scripture!

The lesbian minister wrote nothing about the need for confession and repentance of sin.

The lesbian minister wrote nothing about Christ’s sacrificial death on the cross for the forgiveness of sin. In fact, she never even mentions Jesus the Christ!

So, we must ask the question, which “Jesus” does she truly worship?

Since yesterday's post, GCM Watch wrote a comment to the lesbian minister and asked:

Rev. Rawls how do you respond to what seems to be a very obvious “scriptural silence” trait of gay christian ministers? To clarify, we do not that one should be a “walking bible”, but in your defense of homosexuality here, you did not (as Christine mentioned) cite one, single verse of scripture. Should we take it that scripture does not hold a place of authority in your life or ministry?

Also you emphasized “ministering to all of God’s children irregardless of sexual orientation”. Are there any “sexual orientations” that you are aware of in which a person engaging in such expression would NOT be considered God’s child? Or are you simply using the term sexual orientation euphemistically for your own sexual expression?

Thirdly, you claim CBN has sought to make “people” ashamed of who they are. Can you cite a minimum of two specific examples where CBN has sought to make people ashamed of who they are and identify who those “people” are?

The site has the following verse at the top of the front page:

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false prophets among you, who shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that brought them and bring upon themselves swift destruction." II Peter 2:1

That is certainly some good Word that we all must soberly and accurately heed.

The entire chapter of 2 Peter prophetically addresses the current "blog battle" between "gay-behavior is not sin" Christian advocates (like Deb), and Biblically based Christian believers who bravely counter such heresy and refuse to compromise the truth.

I have read the testimonies of former lesbians and homosexual men who now admit that they were terribly deceived by such ministries. This is a serious issue because the salvation of the souls of hundreds, if not thousands, of homosexual people are at stake!

I will post the NKJV first, then follow up with the NLT (Deb's favorite version) in the hope that God's Word, not my own will speak to those who are caught up in the lies of deception that is inherent in the heresy of the "gay" Christian movement.

2Pe 2:1 BUT there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.

2Pe 2:2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed.

2Pe 2:3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does[fn1] not slumber.

2Pe 2:4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;

2Pe 2:5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly;

2Pe 2:6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly;

2Pe 2:7 and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked

2Pe 2:8 (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)--

2Pe 2:9 then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment,

2Pe 2:10 and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries,

2Pe 2:11 whereas angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reviling accusation against them before the Lord.

2Pe 2:12 But these, like natural brute beasts made to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption,

2Pe 2:13 and will receive the wages of unrighteousness, as those who count it pleasure to carouse in the daytime. They are spots and blemishes, carousing in their own deceptions while they feast with you,

2Pe 2:14 having eyes full of adultery and that cannot cease from sin, enticing unstable souls. They have a heart trained in covetous practices, and are accursed children.

2Pe 2:15 They have forsaken the right way and gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

2Pe 2:16 but he was rebuked for his iniquity: a dumb donkey speaking with a man's voice restrained the madness of the prophet.

2Pe 2:17 These are wells without water, clouds[fn2] carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.[fn3]

2Pe 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped[fn4] from those who live in error.

2Pe 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage.

2Pe 2:20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.

2Pe 2:21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.

2Pe 2:22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A dog returns to his own vomit,"[fn5] and, "a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire."

2:3 M-Text reads will not.
2:17 NU-Text reads and mists.
2:17 NU-Text omits forever.
2:18 NU-Text reads are barely escaping.
2:22 Proverbs 26:11


2Pe 2:1 But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach their destructive heresies about God and even turn against their Master who bought them. Theirs will be a swift and terrible end.

2Pe 2:2 Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of them, Christ and his true way will be slandered.

2Pe 2:3 In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction is on the way.

2Pe 2:4 For God did not spare even the angels when they sinned; he threw them into hell,[fn1] in gloomy caves[fn2] and darkness until the judgment day.

2Pe 2:5 And God did not spare the ancient world-except for Noah and his family of seven. Noah warned the world of God's righteous judgment. Then God destroyed the whole world of ungodly people with a vast flood.

2Pe 2:6 Later, he turned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into heaps of ashes and swept them off the face of the earth. He made them an example of what will happen to ungodly people.

2Pe 2:7 But at the same time, God rescued Lot out of Sodom because he was a good man who was sick of all the immorality and wickedness around him.

2Pe 2:8 Yes, he was a righteous man who was distressed by the wickedness he saw and heard day after day.

2Pe 2:9 So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while punishing the wicked right up until the day of judgment.

2Pe 2:10 He is especially hard on those who follow their own evil, lustful desires and who despise authority. These people are proud and arrogant, daring even to scoff at the glorious ones[fn3] without so much as trembling.

2Pe 2:11 But the angels, even though they are far greater in power and strength than these false teachers, never speak out disrespectfully against[fn4] the glorious ones.

2Pe 2:12 These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, who are born to be caught and killed. They laugh at the terrifying powers they know so little about, and they will be destroyed along with them.

2Pe 2:13 Their destruction is their reward for the harm they have done. They love to indulge in evil pleasures in broad daylight. They are a disgrace and a stain among you. They revel in deceitfulness while they feast with you.

2Pe 2:14 They commit adultery with their eyes, and their lust is never satisfied. They make a game of luring unstable people into sin. They train themselves to be greedy; they are doomed and cursed.

2Pe 2:15 They have wandered off the right road and followed the way of Balaam son of Beor,[fn5] who loved to earn money by doing wrong.

2Pe 2:16 But Balaam was stopped from his mad course when his donkey rebuked him with a human voice.

2Pe 2:17 These people are as useless as dried-up springs of water or as clouds blown away by the wind-promising much and delivering nothing. They are doomed to blackest darkness.

2Pe 2:18 They brag about themselves with empty, foolish boasting. With lustful desire as their bait, they lure back into sin those who have just escaped from such wicked living.

2Pe 2:19 They promise freedom, but they themselves are slaves to sin and corruption. For you are a slave to whatever controls you.

2Pe 2:20 And when people escape from the wicked ways of the world by learning about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and then get tangled up with sin and become its slave again, they are worse off than before.

2Pe 2:21 It would be better if they had never known the right way to live than to know it and then reject the holy commandments that were given to them.

2Pe 2:22 They make these proverbs come true: "A dog returns to its vomit,"[fn6] and "A washed pig returns to the mud."

2:4 Greek Tartaros.
2:4 Some manuscripts read chains of gloom.
2:10 The glorious ones are probably evil angels; also in 2:11.
2:11 Greek never bring blasphemous judgment from the Lord against.
2:15 Other manuscripts read Bosor.
2:22 Prov 26:11.


Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Rom 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Insanity Plays On...

First Insanity Lesson.

Wasn't there a book out years ago which was written by a woman named Susan Powter called, "Stop the Insanity"? Back in 2004, someone wrote in to Ask Yahoo with the question, whatever happened to this infomercial diet book/fitness guru? I was wondering the same thing.

Whenever curiosity sets in, I usually do a search to find out facts about a person. According to Wikipedia, Susan Powter has made a fluid-type transition into the world of radical feminist lesbianism. But can we believe everything that we read on Wikipedia? A further search brings us a video and brief profile that reveals what Wikipedia says about her is true.

Susan was a victim of spousal infidelity and abandonment when her first husband left her for a younger woman. When women get stomped on by the men in their lives and then some of them end up turning towards lesbianism, I always get a nagging question in my mind. Is lesbianism fixed or fluid? Which is it?

Back in 2004, the same question: So Which Is It? Fixed or Fluid? came up regarding the Jim McGreevey scandal. A wonderful commenter named SaltnLight (who was formerly a lesbian) had some great words to share regarding that subject.

Today, over at Gay Christian Movement Watch, I found another extraordinary testimony of a woman named Charlene Cothran who was recently released through the power of Jesus Christ from over 20 years of life as a lesbian.

I'd like to ask each reader to do three things.

1. Click on the link and view the video.
2. After that, read my comment there.
3. After that, read the lesbian minister's comment.

Did you notice something different about the lesbian minister's comment vs. what was shared in the video and written by me in my comment?

The lesbian minister did not cite one verse of Scripture!

The lesbian minister wrote nothing about the need for confession and repentance of sin.

The lesbian minister wrote nothing about Christ's sacrificial death on the cross for the forgiveness of sin.

She is the perfect example of a false prophet.

She did a lot of pontificating about the "love of Jesus", however, she actually bad-mouthed the 700 Club and CBN by writing the following diatribe about the broadcast:

"Programs such as CBN seek to make people feel ashamed of who they are, seek to make people feel that Jesus love has escaped them because of their sexuality. How deplorable!"

So, let me get this straight. The Christian born-again testimony of a former lesbian-identified woman (who was once whole-heartedly celebrated and accepted by the gay community) is now being accused by her former "friends" and "community" as a vehicle for "making people feel ashamed of who they are" and due to her conversion in Christ, "seeks to make people feel that Jesus' love has escaped them." This "minister" finalizes her hatred by claiming, "how deplorable."

I'll tell you what is deplorable. It is so-called "Christian" lesbians who claim to be ministers of Jesus Christ, yet show their contempt for those women who have successfully left behind their homosexual behavior and identity.

Second Insanity Lesson.

In his column over at WND, Les Kinsolving discusses the groups Sodomists, Prostitutes and Pornographers, that are putting their monetary support behind Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign.

Les concludes:

In the realm of sodomy-acceptance, the column, along with other media, reported:

Hillary recently held her first major fundraiser targeting gay campaign donors for the 2008 presidential election. Several hundred guests showed up at D.C.'s Mayflower Hotel for the event. Despite Hillary's trepidation about supporting same-sex "marriage," she still has solid support in the gay community. Hilary Rosen, a recording industry lobbyist and a host of the fundraiser, admitted that "there's obviously some disappointment about marriage," but since all the main Democratic candidates are "consistent on that issue, that's kind of taken off the table here." Rosen also said, "I think there's a growing awareness among the community that, like so many other issues, Sen. Clinton understands how to address the complicated issues of supporting gay families and partnerships and dealing with discrimination issues. And I just think she'll be a smarter, better president for our community."

And so, Ms. Rosen, do the leaders of prostitution and porn.

That's a real electoral combo: SPPH – Sodomists, Prostitutes and Pornographers For Hillary.
Don't let the Clintons deceive our people again. Billy-boy did enough damage the first time around. God help us if Hillary ever gets into the White House!!

Third Insanity Lesson.

Next, I happened to go over and read some WND letters to the editor. The following one certainly stood out:

Constitution 'inadequate' for gay activists

Shocking how Atlanta officials declared Consitution-free zone during their Atlanta Pride 2007 Festival. In response, I offer the following quote from John Adams, second president of the United States:

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."

One of the authors of the Constitution is saying that it is an inadequate document for those who wish to ban its enforcement during Atlanta Pride 2007. Interesting.

Darin Kallen
Yes Darin. It's more than's insanity!!

The insanity of the liberal left knows no bounds. What they embrace, is truly heartbreaking.

Fourth Insanity Lesson.

Oh yeah. One more excellent "letter to the editor" to share. It addresses those on the wrong side of the issue regarding the Iraq war:

Blame the terrorists, not the president

[To Pat Buchanan:] You are wrong, sir! This war is not misbegotten, but you are right those who started it have the blood of Christians on their hands. They are the Muslims! Al-Qaida! Saddam Hussein and his followers! Not the president, our troops or our policy!

Islam preaches hate for Christians and Jews. The Quran has many versus directing attacks on Christians and Jew. Islam has been at war with non-Muslims since its inception. The first major slaughter of Jews was by the Prophet himself when he was gaining his power. He attacked a Jewish village, selling the women and children into slavery, keeping the prettiest women for himself and his followers, and then for entertainment had 700 Jewish men and boys beheaded six at a time in the village square.

Try reading history for a change. And try looking at what is going on right NOW! Muslims are killing Christians and Jews whenever they get a chance. Are you blind to their hatred, their murderous and terrorist actions? I also recommend you Google Halabja and view the images of dead women and children killed by WMDs in the '80s. There were WMDs; Saddam had them and he used them!

I recommend you start being on the side of truth. I don't know what your agenda is, but when you turned anti-Israeli and anti-Bush, you turned down the path of being on the wrong side. I used to support and listen to you, but when you don't support the mission you don't support the troops!

I am a retired Naval officer, serving from '64 to '93, include operations in the Western Pacific (Vietnam). I know what lack of support means to the ability to defeat an enemy that hears the anti-mission propaganda coming from our press and liberal Democrat representatives. Gen. Giap and North Vietnam were considering stopping their operations after '68 and Tet, where they had their rear ends handed to them militarily, but our press and cowardly Democrat-controlled Congress eventually sold out and forced our withdrawal. The result: 25 percent of Cambodia's population and hundreds of thousands of South Vietnamese and Laotians murdered. Their blood is on the hands of Kennedy and the other moral and physical cowards, the traitors of the left, as wells as Pol Pot and the Communists.

And so today, the blood of the innocent and U.S. troop is on the hands of Muslim terrorists and their supporters and the American press and the Democrats – not President Bush and our policy.

Question: The mass graves in Iraq found to date number 400,000. How many does it take for people like you to support removal of the perpetrator of this mass murder?

Dave Campbell

Words to certainly consider when entering the voting booth in our next presidential election.

All of the insanity lessons can be summed up in the realization that the following words of wisdom regarding our Constitution are, unfortunately, being rendered "wholly inadequate" by the actions of biblically ignorant, immoral, secular activists and their ilk:

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Three S.C.O.T.U.S. Favorable Rulings!

Citizenlink nicely summarizes the three favorable decisions for religious freedom that were handed down today. Brief excerpts:

1. Freedom from Religion vs. Freedom of Religion

The court ruled the group Freedom from Religion Foundation did not have standing to challenge the use of taxpayer dollars to advertise and promote President Bush's faith-based initiative.

2. Rights of the People vs. Campaign-Finance Reform

In Federal Election Commission v. Wisconsin Right to Life, the high court ruled a section of the campaign-finance law unconstitutional.

The pro-life group challenged the McCain-Feingold Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002 -- which prevents special-interest groups from running ads that mention a federal candidate within 30 days of a primary or 60 days of a general election.

Hausknecht said the court ruled it a violation of the First Amendment to prohibit issue ads that do not rise to the "functional equivalent" of express campaign speech.

"It's a solid victory for core political speech," he said, "which is the heart of what the First Amendment's free speech clause was intended to protect."

3. Students' Rights vs. Educators' Duty

In the controversial free-speech case out of Juneau, Alaska – Morse v. Frederick -- the Supreme Court handed down a narrow ruling that said school officials can quash drug-related speech at school functions, but refused to extend that authority to other forms of controversial speech, including religious expression.

Five years ago, students at Juneau-Douglas High School were let out of school to watch torch bearers for the 2002 Olympics. Joe Frederick raised a sign reading "Bong Hits 4 Jesus." According to news reports, he wasn't trying to make a statement so much as raise a ruckus.

Kelly Shackelford, chief counsel for Liberty Legal Institute, said while the court ruled in favor of Morse, the carefully written decision protects the free speech rights of students.

"The school district asked for a breathtaking new power to ban all student speech it did not feel furthered the school's 'educational mission,' " Shackelford said in a statement. "That request was rejected."

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Dead Sea Scrolls Can Strengthen Faith

Today we had a wonderful guest speaker at church, Rabbi Barney Kasdan. He presented an awesome topic entitled, Spiritual Treasures From The Dead Sea Scrolls. What perfect timing for this lesson! The Scrolls will be on exhibit at San Diego's Natural History Museum starting on June 29, 2007. They will be on display until December 31, 2007!

Presented by Joan and Irwin Jacobs, The Dead Sea Scrolls are our bridge to a period that laid the foundation of western traditions, beliefs and practices throughout the past two millennia.

The San Diego Natural History Museum’s exhibition Dead Sea Scrolls is the largest, longest, most comprehensive ever assembled in any country. Spanning two floors and 12,000 square feet, 27 Dead Sea Scrolls—10 exhibited for the first time ever—will be on display over the course of the exhibition.

Rabbi Kasdan (a Messianic Jew) started the sermon today by emphasizing the importance of 2 Timothy 3:16

"All Scripture is inspired (in Hebrew: God-breathed) by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:16 NASB

Even though you can get a brief history lesson about the scrolls on this page and an exhibit description and details on this page, I found the addition information shared by Rabbi Kasdan quite informative and exciting!

Beside the usual timeline, which included the following, an interesting fact was also revealed.

* Discovery of Scrolls in March, 1947 in Wadi Qumran
* 7 Scrolls
* 3 Scrolls purchased November 29, 1947

It was revealed that an Israeli professor purchased three of the Scrolls for Hebrew University. As it turns out, November 29, 1947 was a prophetic day, because on that same date, the United Nations made a decree for Palestine to be partitioned into a Palestinian and Israeli State. I don't have all of the details to share right now, but apparently, the Palestinian leadership did not go for this offer. If they had, over 60 years of bloodshed and tragedy could possibly have been avoided. But we know that genuine reconciliation between the Arabs and the Jews will not come until Jesus returns.

Rabbi Kasdan's Outline:

The History Of The Scrolls

* The Essenes were the ultra Orthodox Jews living in the area of the Dead Sea who believed in the coming Messiah. They were the peoples who chose to live in a righteous and spiritual community, while the Jerusalem area was being corrupted. Essenes means "The doers" of the Word.

* The Jewish Revolt (second one) occurred in 132-135 AD

This impacted both Judiasm and Christianity. They were battling the Romans. The Jews lost the battle.

* The 15,000 fragments varied in size and included both biblical and civil documents. The ancient scrolls were found in pottery vases which stood about 3 feet tall. It's almost unfathomable that they were sold for only $100.00 to a Christian artifacts dealer! Remember, this was before the State of Israel was formed.

It is interesting to note that the civil documents (which often included records of real estate deals, marriage certificates and even something as simple as a shopping list) also revealed a fragment which mentioned "The Pierced Messiah" (4Q246).

How significant is this?

Very significant!

Critics of the Bible often questioned the Messianic passages (such as Isaiah 53), and here we have extra-biblical evidence that the people knew of the "Pierced Messiah."

Scholars were quite shocked to read a text (not a Bible text) that discussed "The Pierced Messiah."

What is also fascinating to note (and serves as an additional reason for absolute faith in God's Word) is that in the biblical documents of the Dead Sea Scrolls, there is an entire scroll of all the books of the Old Testament (except one - the book of Esther). Scholars debated about that book because is doesn't mention God's name in it. However, God's presence is clear throughout the book. It was included precisely because the book of Esther is an example of God's divine guidance and care over our lives.

God's sovereignty and power are seen throughout the book. Although we may question certain circumstances in our lives, we must have faith that God is in control, working through both the pleasant and difficult times so that we can serve him effectively.

Key verse:

"For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this? (Esther 4:14)

So what do we have? We have the earliest manuscript of 100 and 200 BC matching our current Bibles of today! The only differences might be a certain spelling of a word or words, but the Bibles that we read today can be relied upon because these earlier manuscripts have been meticulously copied by scribes to keep God's message to mankind intact!

Prior to the Dead Sea Scroll discovery, the earliest manuscripts that the Jews had were dated @ 900 AD.

The Spiritual Lessons From the Scrolls

* The Temple Scroll Calendar

As Christian believers, most of us recognize that the current battles going on in the Middle East are far more than just physical, political, and religious battles. There is a spiritual battle going on (ancient and ongoing) and the focal point is the city of Jerusalem.

The Essene calendar was a religious one. They wrote how to have a pure Temple. It is different from the Pharasaic calendar (which measured days sundown to sundown) because they developed a solar calendar that included 364 days, where the next day started at 12:01 a.m. and ended 24 hours later.

Excerpt from site:

David Flusser suggests that the Essene calendar differed significantly from that of the priests in order for the Essenes to distance themselves from the Jerusalem establishment. He wrote:

The use of their own calendar was the most particular way in which members of the sect differentiated themselves from the rest of Israel. They celebrated their festivals on different dates, with the deliberate intention of differentiating themselves from the other Jews. This is a phenomenon typical of many sects throughout the world. Even among the Jews, the Samaritan calendar is different from the Karaite one, and both differ from the common Jewish one. The calendar of the Sages, of the whole House of Israel, was different from the Essene one not only in the dating of the festivals, but in its whole conception of the year. The Essenes had a sophisticated solar calendar, in which there were fifty two weeks, and the festivals always began on the same day of the week. In this they were different from other Jews, who lived by a lunar calendar.(Flusser 1989:43.)

This explains why John's Gospel is different and contains more of the words of Jesus. John 13:1 discusses the Passover (Last Supper), but according to the Jewish lunar calendar, it wasn't the Passover yet. The Dead Sea Scrolls provide an answer for us. John was using a different calendar. Perhaps John was writing to the Essene Jews? It makes perfect sense.

* The next spiritual lesson is the fact that the Essenes have the doctrine of "Sons of Light verses Darkness."

John 1 reflects this doctrine. At the time, Jerusalem was in the midst of backsliding and corruption. This major doctrine of Light vs. Darkness confirms the Jewish foundation of the Gospels.

* As I had mentioned previously, The Pierced Messiah (4Q246) came from a civic document of the Dead Sea Scrolls and reiterated Isaiah 53 in the Bible.

Isa 53:1 WHO has believed our report?

And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?

Isa 53:2 For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant,
And as a root out of dry ground.
He has no form or comeliness;
And when we see Him,
There is no beauty that we should desire Him.

Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.
And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.

Isa 53:4 Surely He has borne our griefs
And carried our sorrows;
Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten by God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

Isa 53:7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He opened not His mouth;
He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment,
And who will declare His generation?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.

Isa 53:9 And they[fn1] made His grave with the wicked--
But with the rich at His death,
Because He had done no violence,
Nor was any deceit in His mouth.

Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him;
He has put Him to grief.
When You make His soul an offering for sin,
He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days,
And the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand.

Isa 53:11 He shall see the labor of His soul,[fn2] and be satisfied.
By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,
For He shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 53:12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,
And He shall divide the spoil with the strong,
Because He poured out His soul unto death,
And He was numbered with the transgressors,
And He bore the sin of many,
And made intercession for the transgressors.

53:9 Literally he or He
53:11 Following Masoretic Text, Targum, and Vulgate; Dead Sea Scrolls and Septuagint read

Zechariah 12 (especially verse 7-10) contains prophetic Messianic passages.

Zec 12:7 "The LORD will save the tents of Judah first, so that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem shall not become greater than that of Judah.
Zec 12:8 "In that day the LORD will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the LORD before them.
Zec 12:9 "It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
Zec 12:10 "And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.


Rabbi Kasdan:

The Dead Sea Scrolls are not only historical treasures, but spiritual treasures as well. They reflect the power of God. The Dead Sea Scrolls, preserved in a cave for almost 2 thousand years, confirm the accuracy of the Bible. They are revealed as historically accurate, as well.

We can see clearly that the Dead Sea Scrolls have become the bridge between the Old and New Testaments; church and synagogue. The New Testament comes from the roots of Israel. We are all grafted in.

Isaiah 40 (NLT)

Read it all! Awesome Word!

And, remember this, especially:

Isaiah 40:6-8 (NLT)

Isa 40:6 A voice said, "Shout!" I asked, "What should I shout?" "Shout that people are like the grass that dies away. Their beauty fades as quickly as the beauty of flowers in a field.

Isa 40:7 The grass withers, and the flowers fade beneath the breath of the Lord. And so it is with people.

Isa 40:8 The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever."

Friday, June 22, 2007

A Jury Duty Experience

In my fourth call for jury duty within the last twelve years, this was the third time that I had made it to the panel for a trial. I wasn't slated for the jury, but let me back up a bit.

I arrived at 8:00 a.m., went through the usual routine to get into the courthouse. A young woman came up to the front of the room to instruct us through the orientation process. Then, one of the judges spoke for about 15 minutes. He stated that our being there wasn't a waste of time, how important our service is...blah...blah...blah!

Next, we viewed a video of all these smiling, former jurors who were explaining how exciting their jury duty experience was. I'll have to take them at their word. So far, I haven't made it to that point.

After all of the orientation instruction and the judge's speech, I settled down to finish reading my book. I didn't pick the best place to sit because two guys were watching (more like blasting) the history channel which just happened to be an episode about Attila the Hun. The description of all the blood and gore started to get to me. I was ready to move to the quiet room section, when the moderator came up to the podium and announced that 65 people have been chosen to go to Department 22 for a case.

Again, we waited. Once we got into the room, I was seated in the audience portion of the courtroom. Twenty-four people were seated in the jury box area.


It was already 11:15 a.m. and the lunch break was approaching. I knew that if the case wasn't settled by the lawyers through plea bargaining during the lunch hour, then we would all have to come back after lunch. Blah!

Once seated, I noticed that I was approximately 10 people away from going forward to the jury box area if, and when, any potential jurors already seated there were dismissed by the judge, prosecutor, or defense attorneys.

I wasn't enthusiastic about this case and there are several reasons why. The first reason was because the charges against the defendants were almost identical to those where our good friends and their son were the victims. I thought that if I had gotten up to the immediate jury panel, I would most definitely be dismissed once I revealed this fact.

The second reason was because of what I found out during the process of questioning.

Now, I know that I will probably get blasted by the liberals who read here for saying what I am about to say. So be it.

As the judge was giving instructions about this case, he mentioned that the jury panel should not allow the fact that the two young men (obviously of Mexican descent who are in need of, and utilizing, interpreters throughout the trial via an earphone system) to be used in judgment against them. He also said that the fact that one defendant is in prison garb should not prejudice us towards him.

The description of the charges involved the theft of a vehicle to commit a robbery at another residence.

Both before, and after lunch the long process of the judge asking questions of the jury panel continued. Later, one of the defense attorneys stood up and gave a little speech, then questioned a few of the jurors about their negative experiences concerning theft of vehicles as well as any other type of theft or crime that they had experienced.

It was interesting, though. The defense attorney worded her question during her speech (regarding that the defendants are to be viewed "innocent until proven guilty") in a bit of a startling way. Those whom she chose to answer that question outright were almost "trapped" into proclaiming that the two men are innocent.

However, when the prosecuting attorney stood up to speak to the panel, she emphasized the fact that the defendants are to be presumed innocent. There is quite a difference. And so, the lawyering began.

The lawyers on both sides took turns dismissing potential jurors. At one point, juror #2 wanted to know if he could ask the judge a question. The judge allowed it. He asked, "since these two men do not speak english and need interpreters, I wanted to know if I'm allowed to ask this..." The judge saw his hesitation and told him to go ahead and ask the question. The juror concluded, "are they illegal?"

Oh. My GOSH! You could just see the tension rise in that courtroom! Of course, being liberal California, the judge would not answer such a question and went ahead and shared ten minutes worth of gobbledy-gook about how the jurors are not to see such an assumption as "relevant" to this case. Frankly, I just tuned him out at that point.

O.K. Now you can call me a bigot. Call me intolerant. Call me an illegal alien basher.

I don't care!

What I see is a broken justice system.

If these two were illegal aliens,(which is probably most likely) the first thing done should have been immediate deportation! NOT take up the time of all of these people!!

I sat there wondering what the cost was to our state to try these illegal aliens. What was the cost to the potential jurors (besides a day of sitting around doing nothing productive) for being there? What was the cost to their employers for having to pay them while they are not doing anything productive for them? What was the cost for the jury panel that was ultimately chosen for this trial which was estimated to continue until next Wednesday?

Back in the original jury lounge area during the orientation session, there was a moment where the moderator discussed a cost-saving measure brought forth by Gov. Arnold. Apparently, the formerly archaic method for government employees to be paid for jury duty was cumbersome and time-consuming, so they changed it. Big wow! How about the fact that trials for illegal aliens is cumbersome, time-consuming, and expensive for our state and all the individuals involved?

When I got home, I told my husband about the brave man (who said he has been a public high school teacher for 33 years) who had the guts to ask if the defendants were illegals. I told him that I was sitting in the audience pool of jurors, wondering the same thing!

Yeah. Juror # 2 was dismissed by the defense attorneys. No big surprise there. But I just wonder what all the rest of the 65 potential jurors in that room thought? Did they just shrug their shoulders about it or were they concerned, or even outraged seeing the huge expense that these two men are costing our state?

And, this is just one trial against two men.

Think of all of the criminally charged illegal aliens who are appearing in courtrooms across California.

Think of all of the criminally charged illegal aliens who are appearing in courtrooms across the United States.

O.K. I'm done with my post. What do you think about this?

Let those darts of disapproval fly. I've got my defense shield up.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Can America Survive Evolutionary Humanism?

Jury duty this morning...isn't that special? But I did find a great article that all should read!

Linda Kimball asks: Can America Survive Evolutionary Humanism?

Linda writes:

Next, materialist epistemology and metaphysics dispossesses man of soul, free will, conscience, mind, and reason, thereby dehumanizing (animalizing) man and totally destroying not only the worth, dignity, and meaning of human life, but the possibility of freedom. The essence of this annihilation is captured in the following quotes:

Man is “but fish made over…” declared biologist William Etkin (Pushing the Antithesis, Greg L. Bahnsen, p. 224). And his life is but a “partial, continuous, progressive, multiform and continually interactive, self-realization of the potentialities of atomic electron states,” explained J.D. Bernal (1901-1971), past Professor of Physics at the

University of
London (The Origin of Life, Bernal, 1967, xv). Furthermore, “The universe cares nothing for us,” trumpets William Provine, Cornell University Professor of Biology, “and we have no ultimate meaning in life.” (Scientists, Face It! Science and Religion are Incompatible,” The Scientist, Sept. 1988)

Man... “must be degraded from a spiritual being to an animalistic pattern. He must think of himself as an animal, capable of only animalistic reactions. He must no longer think of himself…as capable of ‘spiritual endurance,’ or nobility.” By animalizing man his “state of mind…can be ordered and enslaved.” (Russian Textbook on Psychopolitics, “Degradation and Shock,” Chapter viii)

Finally, Evolutionary Humanism posits the notion that despite the fact that man is “but fish made over…” there are in fact, some exceptions to this rule. For it happens---by chance of course---that some lucky ‘species’ and ‘races’ of the human animal are more highly evolved (superior) and therefore enlightened than the others, who are---unluckily for them---less evolved and as a consequence, subhuman. Paired to this view is the idea that if a species or race does not continue to evolve (progress up the evolutionary ladder), it will become extinct. Together, these ideas lead logically to the deadly conclusion that in order to preserve the fittest of the species---or the spiritually evolved, as is the case with Spiritual Communism--- it is morally incumbent upon the superior to replace (via the science of eugenics and population control) and/or liquidate the subhumans. In his book, “The Descent of Man and Selection in Relation to Sex,” (1871) Charles Darwin foresaw this eventuality:

“At some future period…the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and replace, the savage races throughout the world…the anthropomorphous apes…will no doubt be exterminated.” (Descent, 2nd ed., p. 183)

In practice, the materialist worldview is a hellish recipe for catastrophe, as was amply demonstrated by the 20th century’s two most blood-soaked political movements--- pagan Nazism and atheist Communism. Both rejected God, and both were animated by Darwinism


Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Recognizing Truth from Error

It is always very interesting to me to find posts where people claim to recognize false teachers of the Gospel. (5)


It's true that there are false teachers out there, but the question is how does one recognize truth (9) from error?

The Bible is filled with verses instructing us about this issue. And, it is the absolute truth of Scripture, which comes from God (1) himself (9), that gives us the ability to recognize truth from falsehood.

It can be difficult to summarize what a true, Bible-believing Christ centered (4) church should look like, act like, and work like. Denominational differences can come into play here. However, all churches should have the indisputable Gospel of Jesus Christ (5) as their focal point. (* See numbered items below for a summary that can help you recognize truth from error)

I have mentioned many times in the past that Christians must beware of the crossless gospel. The heresy going on within the Emergent Church movement (and their spin-offs) can usually be easily identified because they tend to ignore the need for repentance at the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ at Calvary (5), and express only the grace, mercy and love of Jesus Christ.

Of course, the grace, mercy, love and forgiveness of Christ are all important to the true gospel! (5) Go to the link above to recognize why "the crossless gospel" heresy is such a huge and prominent error today, and is one that was prophesied in the book of Jude to occur in a greater capacity the closer we get to the end times. (3)

Case in point.

Deb, who self-identifies as a lesbian Christian, has a post called "False Teaching" at her blog. She identifies certain Christians as being guilty of false teaching. My question is, on what does she base her personal opinion? (2)

She writes:

Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. But evil people and impostors will flourish. They will go on deceiving others, and they themselves will be deceived. ~2 Timothy 3:12-13

You cannot tell a “Christian”, who believes in teaching harshly, that their beliefs are wrong. They claim it’s “truth”, when in fact, they themselves, are convinced that teaching with hatred and anger is the right thing to do. I’ve been experiencing this for years, and it’s time for me to step back and let them be, yet I still have many questions. I can’t convince anyone that my way is the true way. I can say, that my way is how I want to live and how I believe God wants me to live. I have peace with God, and I know that I’m right with God. How can anyone argue with what I believe?

And the peace of God, that transcends all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. ~Php 4:7

My mind is at peace. My heart is at peace, because my relationship with God is mine. I own it. No one can tell me differently. If I get my messages from God, why should I believe other people?

First, notice that the verse she quoted discusses deception, not what is "right or wrong."

Deb could learn a lot from that verse. (9) Deception is often so subtle, that one could pass over it's influence and not even recognize or realize it!

So, how do we keep ourselves from falling into the trap of deception? The answer is to study God's Word and glean from what the Scripture writers said and meant at that time. (9)

The Holy Spirit of God (7) indwells the born-again believer and helps the reader to learn from the Bible. Know also, that there are certain passages that need to be taken literally, while others can be recognized as allegorical. How do we find this out? By using all the tools of proper scholarship, as well as spiritual gifts (8). What are these tools?
Sola Scriptura.
Scripture interprets Scripture.
New Testament Revelation.
The Law and the Prophets.

And, the fact that Jesus said:

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

The NLT version of the same verse:

Mat 5:18 (NLT) - I assure you, until heaven and earth disappear, even the smallest detail of God's law will remain until its purpose is achieved.

I have often heard those who are currently steeped in error claim that the "Law no longer applies" since Jesus Christ (4) was sacrificed for sin at the cross. The truth is, the punishment for breaking the Law (which all mankind has done) is no longer affecting the souls of believers because Jesus became the propitiation for our sins, when he died on the cross, and rose again to victory over evil, sin and death. (4) (5)

No one can snatch believers out of the hand of God, (1) no matter what happens on this earth. Jesus conquered the power of evil, sin, physical death and thus saved us from spiritual death (3) which is what we all would have experienced without the sacrificial death of our Lord and Savior, at the cross, for us!

Notice, also, that the verse in Matthew 5:18 begins with two qualifying statements:

1. "I assure you." (NLT) "For verily I say unto you." (KJV)

Whenever Jesus begins a statment with such verbiage, it's both an admonition to pay attention as well as a fact that it is true! (9)

2. "Until heaven and earth disappear." (NLT) "Till heaven and earth pass." (KJV)

We must ask ourselves, when will "heaven and earth disappear or pass?"

The Bible tells us!! (9)

Revelation 21:1 (KJV) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Revelation 21: 1 (NLT) Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone.

So, what was Jesus telling us in Matthew 5:18? He was telling us that the Law and the Prophets are still in effect until his second coming to earth!

It is so clear as day that no one should miss this!!

It is extremely important to keep in mind that the guidance of the Holy Spirit within the believer will NEVER go against what is written in Scripture! (7) (9)

Now, look at this next verse which reiterates what I have been telling Deb:

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

In James 2:8, we see that the commandments given by Jesus Christ are GIVEN TO US FOR THE PURPOSE OF BEING fulfilled by us, not abolished!

Jam 2:8 (KJV) If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

James 2:8 (NLT) - Yes indeed, it is good when you truly obey our Lord's royal command found in the Scriptures: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

What is the best way to love our neighbor as ourselves? It is to tell them the truth of God's Word! (9) That is the best way.

Jesus gave us the Great Commission (4) (5):

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

What are we to do when we find a Christian brother or sister in error (3) while sharing the Gospel?

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

It is not "mean," "ugly," "intolerant," or "hateful" to tell someone the truth in God's Word. Those are deceptive devices that Satan uses to keep the unsuspecting in the bondage of sin!! (2)

In Deb's concluding paragraph from the excerpt above, Deb stated:

"My mind is at peace. My heart is at peace, because my relationship with God is mine. I own it. No one can tell me differently. If I get my messages from God, why should I believe other people?" (bold mine)

God (1) wants us to be completely submitted to Him and His Will for our lives. (2) In that order, everything works. Out of that order, we fall for deception.

Two of my favorite verses that emphasize avoiding deceptive philosophy and reiterate the need to be fully committed to Christ:

See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.
Colossians 2:8

The eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth to show Himself strong to those whose hearts are fully committed to Him.
2 Chronicles 16:9


*What We Believe...

(1) About God:
God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.

Genesis 1:26-27; Genesis 3:22; Psalms 90:2; Matthew 28:19; 1 Peter 1:2; 2 Corinthians 13:14

(2) About Humankind:

We are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like him in character. We are the supreme object of God's creation. Although humankind has tremendous potential for good, we are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God, called "sin." This attitude separates us from God.

Genesis 1:27; Psalms 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6; Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1,2

(3) About Eternity:

We all were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally in union with God through forgiveness and salvation or separated from God by sin. Heaven is the place of eternal union and eternal life with God. The eternal separation from God is called Hell.

John 3:16; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15; (Hell)
Matthew 25:41; Revelation 21:27 (Heaven)

(4) About Jesus Christ:
Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heavens glory and will return again, to earth, to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Matthew 1:22-23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5; John 14:10-30; Hebrews 4:14, 15; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4; Romans 1:3,4; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Timothy 6:14,15; Titus 2:13

(5) About Salvation:
Salvation is a gift from God to mankind. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God's offer of forgiveness can we be saved from sin's penalty. Eternal life begins the moment we receive Jesus Christ into our life by faith.

Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8,9; John 14:6; John 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1

(7) About The Holy Spirit:
The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make mankind aware of our need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual gifts, and guidance in doing what is right. The Christian's responsibility is to seek and to live under His will daily.

2 Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13; John 14:16,17; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 3:16; Ephesians 1:13; Galatians 5:25; Ephesians 5:1

(8) About Spiritual Gifts:
The gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to each believer in Jesus Christ, allowing for greater intimacy with God and power for accomplishing His work in our world today. We believe that God, the giver of gifts, gives severally as he wills, and with emphasis on growing maturity in Jesus Christ. These gifts are revealed and then can be used for His purposes and powerfully influence and affect our world for Christ.
1Corinthians 12:4-7, 11, 17, 29, 30

(9) About The Bible:
The Bible is God's Word to all mankind. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without any mixture of error.
2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20, 21; 2 Timothy 1:13; Psalms 12:6; 119:105, 160; Proverbs 30:5