Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sarah Palin: I'd Vote For Newt Gingrich

While cleaning up the kitchen after dinner, I was watching, the Sean Hannity show. Sat down to blog about Sarah Palin's newsworthy statement, "If I was in South Carolina, in order to keep this thing going, I'd vote for Newt," but Legal Insurrection already posted about it:

Sarah Palin on Hannity just stated that if she were in South Carolina she would vote for Newt to keep the election from being declared over if Romney wins.

She emphasized that we need answers to questions, and can’t risk October surprises.

I’ll get you the full quote and video when available.


I think that Sarah is right! What's the rush? We don't need to have a Republican nominee until April!!

Newt would absolutely demolish Obama in debates. I think that he would be a better pick than Romney.

Just noticed that Politicons has a post up too:

Will include additional links as they become available.
Hat tips to all links.

1 comment:

GMpilot said...

It went like this, Hostess:

PALIN: "I can tell you what I would do if I were a South Carolinian…If I were a South Carolinian though, and each one of these primaries and caucuses are different, Sean, I want to see this thing continue because iron sharpens iron. Steel sharpens steel. These guys are getting better in their debates. They are getting more concise. They are getting more grounded in what their beliefs are and articulating what their ideas are for getting America back on the right track and getting Americans working again. If I had to vote in South Carolina order to keep this thing going, I would vote for Newt and I would want it to continue. More debates, more vetting of candidates."

It took her seven sentences to say what she could have said in one. It's interesting, however, that she never said why she picked out Newt. She said they were all ' getting more grounded in what their beliefs are' and that they were all ' articulating what their ideas are for getting America back on the right track and getting Americans working again'.
So what did Gingrich say that appealed to her?

PALIN: ”...Newt came out like South Carolina's own Smokin' Joe Frazier. He came out there swinging, talking about work, talking about jobs and work ethic and how government needs to get out of the way in order for all Americans to have a sense of opportunity to work, and I think that's what a lot of voters have been craving to hear."

Having spent so many years in government himself, and rising to the #3 spot in that government, I find it a bit odd that Gingrich now wants to lead a government that will 'get out of the way'. How far back out of the way, I wonder? It would be nice if he would articulate that.