Quote by: John Adams
(1735-1826) Founding Father, 2nd US President
Source: Novanglus, 1775
The more that I see of the final four candidates for the Republican nomination for President of the United States, the more the stark contrast builds between these four men and the would-be dictator, Barack Hussein Obama.
I will admit, none of them are what we might call "the perfect candidate." We know that no one is perfect this side of heaven. Only Jesus Christ, in the Incarnation, was the perfect Man. Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by Him!
Our Founding Fathers knew this about Christ. Most of them were true, Christian believers. It is for that reason that they wrote the Declaration of Independence - the creed for America to live by. However, it is also a fact that our Constitutional Republic can only survive if we are led by God-fearing leaders. Not the fakes like we currently have in leadership from the Democrat party.
As far as the GOP nominees go, I like one candidate more than the others and even find one of the candidates scary concerning his foreign policy attitudes (especially regarding Iran). But any one of them would be light-years better than Obama!!
John Adams teaches us from this historic quote. This election boils down to:
"...seeing and feeling the differences between true and false, right and wrong, virtue and vice."
What Obama has been presenting our nation is mostly falsehood. He has wreaked havoc upon this nation with what is wrong in this world. He has done what amounts to slapping We The People, our military, our economy, our freedoms, our liberty, and our sacred honor as a people with nothing but vice.
Vice - a word that isn't used much today. But it certainly fits when describing the current puppet pResident in the White House, as well as all of his cronies and puppeteers!
Take note of the definition of "vice."
vice /vaɪs/ Show Spelled[vahys] Show IPA
1. an immoral or evil habit or practice. Synonyms: fault, failing, foible, weakness. Antonyms: virtue.
2. immoral conduct; depraved or degrading behavior: a life of vice. Synonyms: depravity, sin, iniquity, wickedness, corruption. Antonyms: virtue, morality.
3. sexual immorality, especially prostitution. Synonyms: wantonness, degeneracy, licentiousness.
Here is the World Dictionary definition:
World English Dictionary
vice 1 (vaɪs)
1. an immoral, wicked, or evil habit, action, or trait
2. habitual or frequent indulgence in pernicious, immoral, or degrading practices
3. a specific form of pernicious conduct, esp prostitution or sexual perversion
4. a failing or imperfection in character, conduct, etc: smoking is his only vice
5. obsolete pathol any physical defect or imperfection
6. a bad trick or disposition, as of horses, dogs, etc
[C13: via Old French from Latin vitium a defect]
4. a particular form of depravity.
5. a fault, defect, or shortcoming: a minor vice in his literary style. Synonyms: flaw, blemish, imperfection, foible, weakness.
Word Origin & History
"moral fault, wickedness," c.1300, from O.Fr. vice, from L. vitium "defect, offense, blemish, imperfection," in both physical and moral senses (cf. It. vezzo "usage, entertainment").
"Horace and Aristotle have already spoken to us about the virtues of their forefathers and the vices of their own times, and through the centuries, authors have talked the same way. If all this were true, we would be bears today." [Montesquieu]
We could all make ourselves busy from now until election day listing the evils of this administration. But what we should focus on now is how to get out of this mess and be sure that Obama is gone come January 20, 2013 (or maybe even sooner).
See some of the efforts to share the truth about Obama:
1. Ulsterman Report: The Chart Barack Obama Doesn't Want America to Know About
The truth is clear - the Obama presidency has been a near-complete disaster for working Americans. This might explain a term growing in popularity of late – “ABO” - Anybody But Obama in 2012…
Doug makes several great points at the end of his post:
If Michelle wanted her audience to share the wealth with the less fortunate, why didn’t she ask them to give the $10,000 to charity instead of accept it on behalf of her husband’s campaign? After all, Team Obama will only burn that money trying to get re-elected so they can continue to pile up an unprecedented debt burden on the “less fortunate” they claim to want to share the wealth with.
I see the Obamas and their cronies sharing a lot of debt with Americans… but the wealth, they keep that between each other.
14. Gulag Bound: Campaign for Ron Paul Fingered Attacking Gingrich and Santorum for Romney
MUST SEE VIDEO AT LINK!!!!
More links to be added throughout the day.