Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11/01 - Eleven Years Later

Each and every year, the pain of the 9/11 terrorist attack upon our nation instantly brings me back to the feelings and emotions that I felt on that dreadful day.

Like any other school day back in September, 2001, I was preparing breakfast for my two children.  I had the Fox News Channel on - watching the tail end of Fox and Friends when the first plane hit the World Trade Center tower.  I thought how strange this was being that it was a clear, sunny day with blue skies all around.  My second thought was:  could this really have been an accident?  My gut feeling said "no".  But when the second tower was hit, it was then that I my fear and gut instinct was correct.  I knew it was a horrific terrorist attack upon our country.  Even the Fox News Channel anchor, at the time, mentioned the possibility that it was a terrorist attack most likely perpetrated by Osama Bin Laden.

I can't remember much else that day.  My son told me yesterday that he and his sister were sent home early from school.  I must have picked them up, but I don't remember it.  I do remember staring with unbelief at the T.V. screen, seeing all the horror of that day as the Pentagon was struck by a third plane and the crash of the fourth plane in Shanksville, Pa.

While driving my mom to the doctor's office later this morning, I heard Glenn Beck state that he thought the memorial should have remained as the twin blue lights shining up to the sky where the towers used to stand.  Apparently, the reason this wasn't done on a permanent basis was because of the fear that it would "confuse the birds."  Huh???

Oh well.  What will be will be.  The memorial there is a comfort to those who lost loved ones.  The etching of each name lost in the attack is a fitting memorial (IMHO).  As the names were read off and were scrolled across the screen, the loss of almost 3,000 people that day becomes upsetting once again.  It takes a long time - several hours to get through the list.

I wanted to hear the name of someone I once knew back east - Robert Kaulfers - read at the scene.  But at the time, I think there was a commercial.  He was just one of the many heroes who ran TOWARDS the Towers to help save and rescue others.  He was killed that day (I think as one of the towers came crashing down).

Almost everyone I have mentioned this to tells me that they also knew someone who was killed on that dreadful day.

9/11 changed me.  It was the day that led to my website, Angels Helper and the accompanying message board that I had up for several years.  In 2004, I switched to blogging and Talk Wisdom was born.  The goal of this blog remains the same:

Talk Wisdom's goal is to defend the tenets and values of Biblical Christian faith. We defend our Constitutional Republic and Charters of Freedom, especially when speaking out against destructive social and political issues.

As followers of our Savior and Lord, we should boldly stand up for Jesus Christ in our present circumstances. He is our Savior, Lord, and King, and His love needs to be shed abroad in our hearts and in our world - now.

May God bless all those who mourn.  May He provide comfort to those who lost loved ones on that terrible day.  May the promises of Jesus Christ hold us up as we go through the trials and tribulations that come as a result of living in this fallen temporal world.  The Bible tells us that the whole earth, in fact, all of creation, groans for redemption.
 
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. (NKJV)


And that redemption is found through Jesus Christ.


Hbr 9:12 With his own blood--not the blood of goats and calves--he entered the Most Holy Place once for all time and secured our redemption forever. (NLT)


Sometimes man can behave in a good manner.  But none of us are ever completely good.  That takes holiness and righteousness - which are the attributes of God alone.

Oftentimes, it's the bad and the ugly that sinful man tends to hurl our way - leading to a path of utter destruction. 

No ordinary man/woman can save us.  Period.

Only Jesus Christ can. 


 For He is the way, the truth and the life.
 

Be sure that you know Him personally before you leave this brief and temporary earthly abode. 
 

~ Christine

4 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Christine said, "The Bible tells us that the whole earth, in fact, all of creation, groans for redemption."

I know my redeemer lives.

Thank you Christine. You and all your worldwide readers are loved. I remain yours in the Messiah, the Son of the ONE God of ISRAEL.~ss

steve said...

The politicians attending any memorials for the 9/11 victims remind me of this: "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous..."
Because they are the very ones responsible for their deaths. Murder a bunch of people then honor them as heros. It's like the old gangster movies where the top gangster has one of his gang murdered then orders flowers for the widow and attends the funeral.

Christinewjc said...

Our Redeemer certainly does live! He is in our hearts, our minds, our souls and His Holy Spirit guides us into all understanding.

Susan, I don't know if you saw the comment that contained a link to a terrific sermon on Jesus as The Mediator. You can fast forward ahead to minute 17:33. [Note: you can fast forward by hitting "play" first, then put the curser (or hand) on the timebar at the bottom left of the numbers, hold down the left button of the mouse and drag to the time of 17:33].

I thought that it was one of the best discussions on how the High Priests in the Old Testament handled the temporary animal sacrifices to cover sins vs. how Jesus' once for all sacrifice covered all sins for all believers forever! Dr. Jeremiah included information concerning Yom Kippur - the Jewish Day of Atonement and linked it to how the atonement for sins was completed by the Messiah - Jesus Christ on the cross.

I know that you are very busy with your graduate courses, but I would love your input and opinion about that sermon! So if you get a chance, please view it!

Christinewjc said...

Quote there: "Due to our fallen nature, we cannot stand before our holy God without an intercessor. In this message, we learn why Jesus Christ is uniquely
qualified as our Mediator."