Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Shunning, Angry People in a Schism

There goes the image of evangelical Christians being "Shiny Happy People Holding Hands." Some have turned into Shunning Angry People in a Schism!

My reaction? Pat Robertson is just one man! I'm certain that many people who happen to watch the 700 Club will do exactly what James Dobson has done....silently reject Rudy Guiliani for the Republican nominee for president. Those who choose to vote in the primary along with Robertson? They will have to bear the burden of their consciences.

When I first read the Newsmax headline to the article which reads: Pat Robertson Endorsement Sparks Backlash, I immediately thought that it was going to discuss Mike Huckabee's surge in the polls. To me, that represents a genuine backlash...against Rudy and his liberal ethics. But I was disappointed that the article only discussed the inevitable schism currently going on between Christian evangelicals.

On the one hand, I agree with many who feel that they cannot, with good conscience, vote for Rudy Guiliani due to his promotion of immoral ethics. I can't imagine why he doesn't see his pro-death to babies position as nothing less than the murder of innocent children in the womb. I can't understand why he supports the relentless propaganda machine known as the homosexual agenda, which is just another satanic, immoral deception. Both of these immoral issues are slowly destroying our nation from within. However, with his recent down surge in the political polls, perhaps many believers are sitting up, taking notice, and intending to vote for a different choice.

Mitt Romney has his individual problems now, too. I think that Mike Huckabee just might become the Republican nominee. We shall see.

For me, if push comes to shove, I will vote for any of the Republican candidates who becomes the nominee (except that loon Ron Paul) over Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama. I guess you could say that the lesser of two evils would play a part in my vote. If Rudy does end up as the Republican nominee, my first concern (the war against terrorism) will motivate me to pull the lever to vote for him. Then I will go to the Lord in prayer and ask for forgiveness.

No man is a perfect choice, but I hope and pray that Mike Huckabee (Hunter or Tancredo would be my second and third choices) does become the Republican Nominee. Then I could pull that lever in the voting booth with a good conscience.

*******
Update @ 7:28 a.m. PT

Apparently, Paul Weyrich seems to think that Huckabee is peaking to soon in the polls. I disagree. Obviously, Weyrich doesn't endorse Huckabee. So, despite Mike's newfound real contender status in Iowa, such a development doesn't appeal to him. Therefore, Weyrich's ideology would motivate him to write such an opinion about Huckabee.

*******
Update @ 9:10 a.m. PT

Rudy has been sinking in the polls...

Oh my....

Perhaps one reason is because this Youtube video has been getting around!

*******
Update @ 9:22 a.m. PT

Also see my blogging friend Doug's recent post over at The Powers That Be He makes some excellent points.

2 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Dear Christine:

You and I will both vote as God directs us. The Holy Spirit communicates clearly. God always speaks the same to His people, because we are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that we may declare the praises of Him who called us out of darkness into His wonderful light (see 1PE 2:9). I am thankful He called and delivered me out of the darkness of homosexuality and drunkenness. As you mentioned, no candidate is a perfect choice.

Above all, we must submit to our governing authorities no matter who is elected. “There is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God” (see ROM 13:1, NIV). We must pray for “all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness” (see 1TI 2:2).

Know you are prayed for in South Carolina. My prayer this day is for God to continue to use you to be salt and light to the whole world. When you are a willing and empty vessel, the Spirit of God comes through beautifully. Your humility is gracious and appreciated very much. Much love to my “little” sister and all your family. (ss)

Matt W. said...

In the begining of this Primary race, I felt much the same way, that if Rudy got the nomination, I would hold my nose and vote for him, but as time went on, and I saw more and more of him, and learned more about him, I realized that I could not vote for him under any circumstances, and that if he got the nomination, I would be voting third party this time around, and the same is likely true for Mitt Romney, whom I simply don't trust. In a contest between Giuliani and Hillary Clinton, I don't see enough of a differance to really matter. I've voted for the "Lesser of Two Evils" before, only to realize that I was still voting for evil, and it left me with a sick feeling in my stomach.
If you look at my blog you'll see that I've been a pretty big Thompson fan, but lately I've been shifting somewhat to Huckabee, though I still have some concerns about him as well. Honestly I would much rather see Hunter or Tancredo, but at least I could also vote for Huckabee with a clear conscience.
I do find it funny that you would be more able to vote for Giuliani or Romney than for Ron Paul. He may well be certafiably insane, but at least he's honest about where he stands, and most of his possitions are truly conservative. I'm not saying you should vote for him, I won't either, but I could do it and still sleep at night... not so with Rudy.
I'm not one to tell others how to use their vote, but have not problem sharing how I am likely to use mine and how I feel about the candidates, but Susan is fully correct that we must vote as God directs, so if Rudy gets the nod, and you feel God directing you to vote for him, then that is certainly what you should do... and I as well, if I feel Him directing me that way when the time comes.
Only found your blog recently, but love it. Keep up the good work.
Matt W.