Interestingly enough, I became re-acquainted with a website called Colony 14.net: The Obama Timeline. While browsing through the site, I found this nice tidbit of truth:
At WashingtonPost.com Jennifer Rubin comments on the latest WaPo/ABC poll: “You’ve got to get deep into the weeds to tell what is going on. The Washington Post-ABC pollsters tell us that ‘52 percent of likely voters across swing states side with Obama and 41 percent with Romney in the new national poll.’ But without the proper context, readers may jump to an incorrect conclusion when they see that figure, concluding that Obama is home-free in swing states. As I learned from Post pollster Jon Cohen, that finding is based on the responses of a total of 160 people, and it has a margin of error of 8 percentage points. So yes, there may be a difference between swing-state and national numbers, but the gap might be very small or it might be big.” The mainstream media happily reports that Obama leads by 11 points in the swing states—conveniently neglecting to report the details. The same poll shows Obama up by only two points nationally, 49–47, over Mitt Romney. If one believes that Obama is up by 11 in the swing states, it makes no sense that he is up by only two points nationally. The “swing states” are the close states, like Florida and Ohio. Obama will most certainly win the big welfare states of California, New York, and Illinois. But for Obama to be doing worse nationally than he is doing in the swing states means those other states are bringing his lead down. Neither the Washington Post nor ABC have explained how that can be happening. (The likely answer is that Obama is not up by 11 points in the swing states, and that a survey of 160 voters is meaningless.) [37788, 37789]
Hat Tip: Colony 14.net
In a recent email from GOP-USA, we find more truth about the media of mass deception:
The Media - At An All Time Low
Never before has the media been so one-sided, so agenda-driven, and so focused on creating news rather than reporting it. What began as an institution established as a check against government has now evolved into an advocate for government and the left wing agenda. The question is, "What can be done to stop it?"Yep....
In a recent interview with Fox News, former Democratic pollster Patrick Caddell echoed sentiments he gave last week in a speech on today's media. Caddell said the media's efforts to promote the Obama agenda or ignore stories that could be damaging to the administration is "corruption of the first order."
"We're entering territory we have never entered before," said Caddell. "We've never had a situation where the press has purposefully decided to pick up a narrative from the White House to not tell people things that happened in order to support their overwhelming candidate for president, Barack Obama."
"This isn't about partisanship, this is about danger," said Caddell. He equated the media to "Pravda," a newspaper which was owned and operated by the state in the Soviet Union. Caddell went on to say that the problem of bias should be obvious citing how the story of the Libya attacks and subsequent mishandling of the response by the administration was not covered widely.
People....don't believe the hype!
I STILL think that Obama will lose in a landslide.
Also see: PJMedia.com: WE ARE THE 91%: Only 9% of Americans Cooperate with Pollsters
In any attempted poll or survey, only 9% of attempted contacts come back with an actual response.*******
That means 91% of sampled households are NOT having their opinions recorded by pollsters.
Breaking down the numbers a bit, we can see that this is due to two reasons: 38% of the households contacted were unreachable in the first place, leaving only a 62% “contact rate.” But among that 62%, only 14% “cooperated” with the pollsters; the remaining 86% of contactees presumably slammed down the phone or simply refused to answer. Since 86% of 62% of the population are non-cooperators, that leaves us with the astonishing conclusion that…
53% of Americans actively refuse to answer poll questions.The real breakdown chart should look like this:
38% could not be reachedOr, put another way:
53% were contacted but actively refused to answer
9% cooperated and answered the polling questions
Out of every 7 people contacted by pollsters, only 1 will answer the polling question, while the remaining 6 refuse to answer.Six to one, people; six to one. Think about that for a second.
What are those 53% thinking — and why would they purposely refuse to cooperate with pollsters?
Furthermore, where are those unreachable 38%? At work? On drugs? Curled up in a fetal position under the couch?
Pew goes on to claim that, despite the appallingly low cooperation rate in 2012, they think their estimates of public opinion are fairly accurate in any case.
That may have been true in past years, but we won’t know this year until after the election how accurate the polls were.
But now also consider these newly released stats showing that distrust of the media has hit an all-time high, and most importantly that Republicans and independents are twice as likely to distrust the media as Democrats: