Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jon Voight Speaks the Truth

It is rare when a Hollywood celebrity comes out and speaks the truth, politically speaking. I just wonder how many other celebrities absolutely hate him for doing so.

Good work, Jon. I, for one, certainly appreciate your honesty and efforts to combat the Kool-Aid drinkers!

Here is Jon's Washington Times article:



VOIGHT: My concerns for America
Obama sowing socialist seeds in young people

Monday, July 28, 2008

OP-ED

We, as parents, are well aware of the importance of our teachers who teach and program our children. We also know how important it is for our children to play with good-thinking children growing up.

Sen. Barack Obama has grown up with the teaching of very angry, militant white and black people: the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Louis Farrakhan, William Ayers and Rev. Michael Pfleger. We cannot say we are not affected by teachers who are militant and angry. We know too well that we become like them, and Mr. Obama will run this country in their mindset.

The Democratic Party, in its quest for power, has managed a propaganda campaign with subliminal messages, creating a God-like figure in a man who falls short in every way. It seems to me that if Mr. Obama wins the presidential election, then Messrs. Farrakhan, Wright, Ayers and Pfleger will gain power for their need to demoralize this country and help create a socialist America.

The Democrats have targeted young people, knowing how easy it is to bring forth whatever is needed to program their minds. I know this process well. I was caught up in the hysteria during the Vietnam era, which was brought about through Marxist propaganda underlying the so-called peace movement. The radicals of that era were successful in giving the communists power to bring forth the killing fields and slaughter 2.5 million people in Cambodia and South Vietnam. Did they stop the war, or did they bring the war to those innocent people? In the end, they turned their backs on all the horror and suffering they helped create and walked away.

Those same leaders who were in the streets in the '60s are very powerful today in their work to bring down the Iraq war and to attack our president, and they have found their way into our schools. William Ayers is a good example of that.

Thank God, today, we have a strong generation of young soldiers who know exactly who they are and what they must do to protect our freedom and our democracy. And we have the leadership of Gen. David Petraeus, who has brought hope and stability to Iraq and prevented the terrorists from establishing a base in that country. Our soldiers are lifting us to an example of patriotism at a time when we've almost forgotten who we are and what is at stake.

If Mr. Obama had his way, he would have pulled our troops from Iraq years ago and initiated an unprecedented bloodbath, turning over that country to the barbarianism of our enemies. With what he has openly stated about his plans for our military, and his lack of understanding about the true nature of our enemies, there's not a cell in my body that can accept the idea that Mr. Obama can keep us safe from the terrorists around the world, and from Iran, which is making great strides toward getting the atomic bomb. And while a misleading portrait of Mr. Obama is being perpetrated by a media controlled by the Democrats, the Obama camp has sent out people to attack the greatness of Sen. John McCain, whose suffering and courage in a Hanoi prison camp is an American legend.

Gen. Wesley Clark, who himself has shame upon him, having been relieved of his command, has done their bidding and become a lying fool in his need to demean a fellow soldier and a true hero.

This is a perilous time, and more than ever, the world needs a united and strong America. If, God forbid, we live to see Mr. Obama president, we will live through a socialist era that America has not seen before, and our country will be weakened in every way.


Jon Voight is an Academy Award-winning actor who is well-known for his humanitarian work.

HT: Washington Times

*******
Update @ 1:19 p.m. PT

Speaking of cult leaders (see the comment section) take a look at how deception has become an Obama campaign companion tool:

Obama Uses Deceit To Draw Crowds During European Tour

Attendance at Obama speech reported at 200,000, but huge figure is disputed by crowd analysts.

July 31, 2008 – Mainstream media reports have indicated that an estimated 200,000 Berliners attended Sen. Barack Obama’s speech last week. This figure is currently in dispute even though it is being widely reported around the world.

The mainstream media also failed to report that just prior to Obama’s speech, Berliners were treated to a rock concert with the German reggae band Patrice and the pop band Reamonn. Free bratwurst, beer, and pizza were provided during the three-hour concert.

Free Concert Bolstered Crowds

News of the free concert has been widely published on conservative news sites and blogs. TVC could find no reliable reporting on who funded the concerts that drew the crowds to music and free food. But, this free concert stunt was done previously by the Obama campaign in Portland, Oregon.

At the Obama campaign speech in Portland on May 18, the openly Marxist band, called The Decembrists, performed a free concert for Obama supporters. The band typically opens its concerts by playing the Soviet national anthem. Its name comes from an 1825 uprising in Russia of army officers who were protesting against Czar Nicholas 1. The band plays with the red flag of the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917 behind them.

“We can expect the same deceptive free concert stunts to be orchestrated in future Obama campaign rallies,” said Lafferty. “One hopes that future acts will not be Marxists who celebrate the bloody Russian Revolution, which spread conquest and death across the planet for more than 70 years.”

Attendance Figures Disputed

The mainstream media has repeatedly reported that 200,000 attended Obama’s Berlin speech, but those numbers have been disputed by a
German public television station ZDF which covered the event. ZDF bureau chief Peter Frey estimated the crowd at one-tenth of the 200,000 figure sited in the mainstream media.

CNN reporter Candy Crowley reported that despite the allegedly huge crowd listening to Obama, there was an “absence of euphoria” at the event.

During his speech, Obama described himself as not just a “proud citizen of the United States” but “a fellow citizen of the world.”

Obama apologized to the European crowd for the “mistakes” America has made in the past. He told them: “there are times when our actions around the world have not lived up to our best intentions,” but also said “I know how much I love America.”

“Overall, his speech was like hearing someone read the lyrics to ‘We are the world’,” said TVC Executive Director Andrea Lafferty. “It had a sort of Rodney King ‘Can’t we all get along’ feel to it. It would make the listener feel good, but contained no real substance.”

Staged Obama Prayer Note In Israel

The controversy over the Obama prayer and how it got from the Wailing Wall to the media continues.

Ma’ariv, a major Israeli newspaper, was the first to print the prayer and it was attacked immediately by the Obama campaign and Israeli liberals. But editors at the newspaper says its source for the note was the Obama campaign itself.

One other Israeli newspaper reports that it was sent a copy of the prayer before the presidential candidate placed it in the wall. All of this goes unreported in the American media.

HT: Traditional Values Coalition

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Storm Worm Virus Warning

If you have ever been a victim of email malware, you might agree that to be forewarned is to be forearmed. It can be quite valuable to be alerted about them before you mistakenly open a storm worm spam email that is making the rounds on the Internet. I thought that this alert was important enough to pass along.



FBI Warns of Storm Worm Virus

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:18 PM

By: Newsmax Staff




The FBI and its partner, the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), have received reports of recent spam e-mails spreading the Storm Worm malicious software, known as malware.

These e-mails, which contain the phrase “F.B.I. vs. facebook,” direct e-mail recipients to click on a link to view an article about the FBI and Facebook, a popular social networking website. The Storm Worm virus has also been spread in the past in e-mails advertising a holiday e-card link.

Clicking on the link downloads malware onto the Internet connected device, causing it to become infected with the virus and part of the Storm Worm botnet. A botnet is a collection of compromised computers under the remote command and control of a criminal “botherder.”

Most owners of the compromised computers are unsuspecting victims. They have unintentionally allowed unauthorized access and use of their computers as a vehicle to facilitate other crimes, such as identity theft, denial of service attacks, phishing, click fraud, and the mass distribution of spam and spyware.

Because of their widely distributed capabilities, botnets are a growing threat to national security, the national information infrastructure, and the economy.

“The spammers spreading this virus are preying on Internet users and making their computers an unwitting part of criminal botnet activity. We urge citizens to help prevent the spread of botnets by becoming web-savvy. Following some simple computer security practices will reduce the risk that their computers will be compromised,” said Special Agent Richard Kolko, Chief, FBI National Press Office.

Everyone should consider the following:


Do not respond to unsolicited (spam) e-mail.


Be skeptical of individuals representing themselves as officials soliciting personal information via e-mail.


Do not click on links contained within an unsolicited e-mail.


Be cautious of e-mail claiming to contain pictures in attached files, as the files may contain viruses. Only open attachments from known senders.


Validate the legitimacy of the organization by directly accessing the organization's website rather than following an alleged link to the site.


Do not provide personal or financial information to anyone who solicits information.


I have also learned that it is important NOT to click on every link to your blog that pops up on an Internet search. I don't know what the "techie" word for it is (maybe "phishing?"), but some of them are "traps" to get you worried about viruses, worms, spyware, malware being "detected" on your computer. Usually, there is some sort of "counter" running madly along - deceiving you into thinking that their "product" is detecting - and accumulating via a counter - viruses being found on your computer. The thing is, it's all just a "show." Has this ever happened to you? Maybe I'm the only idiot who has fallen for that type of ruse. The first time it happened to me I got scared! I admit it, I'm just not very tech savvy.

I hate this kind of stuff...don't you? What an empty life these people must have who think up and do these types of destructive things on the Internet.

Monday, July 28, 2008

The Left's Typical Backlash Begins

The moment I heard about the shootings at that Tennessee church, I just knew that it would lead to unthinking verbal and written attacks against Bible-believing conservative Christians.

The following is but one example:


Thou Shall Not Kill Unless You Hate Liberals.

Well guess what? In the time it took for me to go to the grocery store and back, my comment was deleted from that site! Good thing I saved a copy of it.

First, here is the post in it's entirety:



This seems to be the new attitude among some arrogant Conservative Christians, a [sic] attitude that lead [sic] to one mans death at Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church. According to Knoxville's Police Chief Sterling Owen IV, the gunman Jim D. Adkisson expressed that he was upset about liberal Churches and liberal Christians. This shooting lead to the death of 2 people and wounded 7 others, this past Sunday Morning.

I have been saying for sometime [should read two words] that Conservative Christians have this arrogant point of view, that they are [grammar?] alone are the only true Christians. The reality is when you compare Christian Fundamentalism and Islamic Fundamentalism, they are very similar. Both lead to hate, and hate leads to violence. Only a [sic] arrogant idiot would think that his or hers [sic] political views, make him or her somehow a better person of faith, but that is what you get from the Religious Right.

Those who wish to combine politics and faith into one, have more in common with Sharia Law than they are willing to admit. The truth is Fundamental Christians are not interested in a Democracy and a wide range of views, but they want to eliminate different points of views [sic]. We see this like [grammar] in the case of Anglican Bishop Orama from Africa who said "Gays don't have a right to live", and now we see this in this [redundant phrasing] case in Knoxville, where the answer is to kill people off who view things differently than you do. This is not Christianity folks, this is Religious Terrorism.

Posted by Rob at The Political Spectrum.



My comment:

As a Bible-believing conservative Christian and follower of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, I must say that it is highly critical of you to lump all of us in with one troubled person who would go in and shoot up a church.

Perhaps you should have done more research before posting your error-filled viewpoint. Apparently, the murderer also hated Christians.

True Christian faith is about encouraging people to repent of their sin (no matter what kind of sin that may be); trust Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (so that the Holy Spirit of God will indwell the believer's heart), and evangelizing the world - just as Christ instructed in the Great Commission.

It is about teaching that we are all sinners in desperate need of the Savior.

It is about repentance, which leads to mercy, grace, and forgiveness.

It is about agreeing with God about our wretchedness and inability to save ourselves from sin and eternal death.

It is about acknowledging our helplessness and hopelessness in being reconciled unto Holy God because of our sinful nature.

It is about recognizing that Jesus' words, "if you do not believe in me, you will die in your sins" should be taken seriously.

The bad news of our sin condition has to be shared as well as the Good News of the Gospel. Why? Because of our need for repentance. I am no better than you; you are no worse than I. However, both of us must repent of our sins and answer Jesus' question regarding, "Who do you say that I am?"

I know that many gay behavior affirming churches (like the one where this murderous rampage happened) typically avoid the need for repentance of the sin of homosexuality. This, unfortunately, has caused great confusion. However, keep in mind that you could substitute any other kind of sin in the above sentence. If a person holds back and does not repent, then his soul is in danger of being condemned eternally.

You might ask, how do I know this? Because God's written Word informs us of this fact.

Jhn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Obviously, the man who shot congregants at that church wasn't interested in saving any souls. True Christian believers do not want "anyone to perish" without Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. The greatest commandment is to love the Lord Thy God with all of your heart, your mind, your soul, and your strength.

Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this [is] the first commandment.

Included in that commandment was to "love thy neighbor as thyself."

Part of loving our neighbor is to tell them the truth about their sinful condition (a condition which includes all of us).

If you would read that article at Fox News, you will plainly see that the shooter rejected the Christian faith and God's Word, the Bible.

The Bible tells us:

Hbr 11:6 But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Ours is a reasonable faith, backed up by the fact of Jesus' visit to this earth, sacrificial death on the cross, and resurrection to life. This is a fact of history - as real and genuine as anything else recorded in all of history. Whether you, the shooter, the congregation (being that they are Universalists who do not think that Jesus is the only way to God) believe it or not is irrelevant.

It happened.

It is a fact.

No other religious leader ever claimed to die for the sins of men and had the ability to come back to life to prove his claims.

Jesus did.

And there were eye witnesses to the events, recorded in Scripture and elsewhere.

Lastly, let me be clear. Those who are genuinely born again in Jesus Christ are not out to murder those who do not believe as we do. However, we do follow Jesus' commandment to "go into all nations and share the gospel, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."

I don't see anything in such words that would motivate a true Christian to go into a church and shoot it up - do you?

Doing so is the sin of taking matters into one's own hands rather than relying on the timeless truth of the gospel of Christ as it is revealed in God's Word.

Admittedly, prior to being born again in Christ, I did not always "love my neighbors." It was only when I was converted and transformed by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit of God that I found myself wanting to live for God and share the Gospel. Before that, I was - quite frankly - indifferent. Indifference is a sin, too.

Have you ever considered the parable of the pearl of great price? I would encourage you to read this page.

Those Christians who genuinely understand the priceless value of God's gift to the world - namely - Jesus Christ, do not trust in a gun for political, social, individual, or spiritual gain.

They just don't.

I pray that what I have shared will touch your heart; and that if you don't already know Him, that you will find the true Messiah.

The "pearl of great price" is Jesus Christ our Lord.
July 28, 2008 6:03 PM


See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ. Colossians 2:8

The eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth to show Himself strong to those whose hearts are fully committed to Him. 2 Chronicles 16:9


HT: Mark at ChesterStreet

*******
Update on 7/29/08 @ 4:45 a.m. PT

Take a look at this (ongoing) OneNewsNow poll result to the "hate crimes" question:


Generally speaking, is the objective of 'hate crimes' laws to police people's thoughts and actions that may not be considered 'politically correct'?

Yes - 87.37%
No - 9.98%
Unsure - 2.65%
3617 responses


Related good news article (that you are likely not going to hear much about in the MSM):

Evangelists Cleared of 'Hate Crime' Charges

Sunday, July 27, 2008

God Uses Prophecy to Unveil Jesus

Over at my Talk Wisdom message board, Sothenes has posted some questions and comments for post-tribulationists regarding end times prophecy.

He brings up some very important subject matter for Christians to consider; especially the point he made about how useful and helpful it is to know the entirety of Scripture in order to understand the book of Revelation. I think that is very true.

I am currently re-reading Ed Hindson's Antichrist Rising: The Coming Global Storm book again. He provides so much detailed information (as well as a whole library of reference books on the topic) and puts forth a good, solid, biblical argument for dispensational premillennialism and the rapture (which includes the pre-tribulation rapture idea); but does not slam those who might believe otherwise. This is one area where Christians need not participate in "foolish arguments." We can solidly believe in one position about the end times over the other possibilities without harming our common bond with other Christian believers through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Sothenes summed it up quite well when he wrote:

"The final answer rests in God's word and what He hasn't told us rests with God alone."

Very important to remember that!

I do think that end times conversation is quite interesting, though. All that is revealed in the book of Revelation is designed to keep us sharp regarding all that is going on in the world around us. We are seeing prophecy fulfillment happening right before our own eyes! It's very exciting...and, at the same time...a bit scary. But we know WHO wins in the end so there is really nothing to be dismayed about.

Recognizing the "birth pangs" as the end times get closer and closer gives believers superior advantange over those who do not have a clue regarding what the Bible reveals through the prophets. This is why we need to encourage Christians to continually study ALL of the books of the Bible.

I have encountered many Christians who have told me that their pastors do not preach on the book of Revelation. Personally, I think that is a big mistake. How on earth are we to be prepared for the end times if we do not study it?

I have done various studies on Revelation. Learned something new every time! In one study I did (based on Anne Graham Lotz's book - The Vision of His Glory) - the focus was entirely on finding hope through the Revelation of Jesus Christ - rather than only focusing on the prophecies of the future. That was the point of the study. In the introduction, Anne Graham Lotz said, "The Book of Revelation begins by clearly stating its theme: 'The revelation of Jesus Christ...' The word revelation literally means to 'unveil.' In the Book of Revelation, God uses prophecy to 'unveil' Jesus, enabling us to see Him in a unique way. And when we see Him clearly, we see a vision of His glory."

It was truly educational to study that way! I did that seminar 7 years ago, in June of 2001. Time to review it again!

The study was very timely, in fact. Just four months later, the horrendous 9/11/01 terrorist attacks upon our nation happened.

What I really liked about the Lotz study was that each seminar topic discussed a portion of Scripture in Revelation. Then, we would follow five inductive steps to show us how to get more out of what we just read. For example:

Revelation 21:22-27

Step 1 is to read God's Word, underline, circle, or otherwise mark the text to aid in our studying it.

Step 2 asks us, "What does the Scripture say?" We are to make a verse-by-verse list of the most outstanding, ovvious facts and list them.

Step 3 asks, "What does the Scripture mean?" Identify a lesson to learn from each fact. Focus on spiritual lessons.

Step 4 asks, "What does the Scripture mean to me? Rewrite the lessons from step 3 in the form of questions. Be personal as you formulate your questions.

Step 5 Live in response. Pinpoint what God is saying to you from this passage. How will you respond? Write down today's date and what you will do now about what He has said.

Here is what I wrote back in 7/16/01:



I can rest on the certainty and security of my salvation only because of what Jesus Christ did for me on the cross!


Notice, I didn't write the second part of the answer...yet.



...what will you do now about what He has said?


That came months later - after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. In December, 2001, my website Angels Helper was born. Soon after that came my Talk Wisdom message board. In 2005, I began writing here at my Talk Wisdom blog.

Prior to creating my website, I frequently wrote letters to the editor in our local newspaper. A year after the 9/11/01 terrorist attacks, the paper asked readers to write and answer the question:



How has your life changed since 9/11/01?


I wrote:



My best friend Kelly and her family went to NYC in 2002 and visited the cleared away site of the WTC towers. She brought back a special gift for me. It is a framed photo of the huge steel cross with the American flag in the background. This symbol of Christ's sacrifice for mankind was found in the wreckage. At the bottom of the photo are 5 men praying. This photo reminds me that every day of my life, time spent with family and friends, is a precious gift from the Lord.

As a result of that fateful day, who didn't find themselves asking, "if I were to die tonight, where would I spend eternity?" I realized that as a Christian, I should not ever waste the opportunity to share the Gospel with anyone who might be willing to listen. This tragic and sobering event in our nation's history has led many people to seek God for an answer to the purpose of their lives. I have given away Bibles and books to many teens and adults who need that answer. I have created a website and discussion forum which is dedicated to providing timeless biblical answers to life's most important questions. The biggest change in my personal life has been not to shy away or hide my faith, but to boldly share Christ with others. My new life verse is Ephesians 6:20b, "Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should."


The Lotz study helped prepare me for the grief that I, my family, my friends, and our entire nation suffered following that awful day.

The Seminar titles alone emphasize our need for the Savior and send the eternal message of the need for the Hope of Jesus Christ in our lives!

1. Hope When You Are Depressed.
2. Hope When You Are Deluded.
3. Hope When You Are Discouraged.
4. Hope When You Are Distressed.
5. Hope When You Are Defeated.
6. Hope That Ignites Your Heart.

That study helped me tremendously. It helped me to find hope through the revelation of Jesus Christ. It helped lead me towards having the desire to write and impart that vision of His glory to others.


I particularly like the special message that Anne Graham Lotz has written on the page just before the contents:


As God works through us...
We will help people and churches know Jesus Christ and seek His Kingdom by providing biblical solutions that spiritually transform individuals and cultures.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Obama's Euro Group-Think Tour

There are so many great articles and blog posts about Obama's Magical Non-Mystery European Tour that it is difficult to pick just a few to share. So far, I have found three, in particular, that caught my eye and certainly held my attention.

When writer J.D. Longstreet asks, "Will Obama's European Tour Backfire on him?" - I feel led to personally respond to that title question. My answer is I CERTAINLY HOPE SO!

Longstreet:


Those of us who live out here in the real America, in the so-called 'fly-over' country hold very little love for, or admiration of, the European nations. Many of us come from families that fled the European shores to get to America. Unlike the many on the political left we do not look to Europe for leadership in anything, especially not politics.


I may live in California, but my Christian heart is closer to the morals and values of that so-called 'fly-over' country, and I'm not ashamed to say it!

Next, we have a link from that article to Alan Carumba's blog post that's titled, Warning Signs: Obama the Intellectual. Be sure to read the entire post!

Mr. Carumba begins with this sobering thought:


Anyone who has ever studied history knows that intellectuals have been the cause of more misery in the modern world than any other group.


Excerpt:


So now the nation is being asked to elect a classic intellectual, Barack Hussein Obama, to lead us and, typically, he has no idea about the lives of ordinary Americans holding jobs, raising families, and trying to survive the idiocy of several previous administrations that have left the nation hostage to foreign oil and locked in battle with the worst elements of resurgent Islam.

I personally take some comfort that John McCain finished far down in the bottom half of his class at Annapolis. Smart enough to graduate, smart enough to fly fighter jets, smart enough to rise in the Navy’s command structure and tough enough to survive five years of torture by his North Vietnamese captors. Despite his differences with his own political party and inclined toward the element that greases any government action, compromise, McCain offers the capabilities and character that suggests an understanding of human nature.

Compare this with Barack Obama whose interpretation of the 9/11 attack on America was due to “a fundamental absence of empathy on the part of the attackers.” If Obama took the time to learn why Osama led the attack, he would have discovered that in 1998 he was a leader in the World Islamic Front for Combat Against the Jews and Crusaders. Since the Koran repeatedly commands attacking unbelievers and killing apostates to Islam, Obama has demonstrated extraordinary ignorance and foolishness.

Indeed, Obama attributed the attack and its lack of empathy to feelings that grow “out of a climate of poverty and ignorance, helplessness and despair.” Bin Laden is a university graduate with a degree in engineering. He comes from one of the wealthiest families in Saudi Arabia. His close associate, Ayman El Zawahiri is a doctor of medicine. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed who planned the attack is a graduate of the North Carolina Agricultural and Technical University with a degree in engineering. Mohammed Atta who flew one of the airliners into the World Trade Center was a graduate of Cairo University, an architect. They were neither poverty-stricken, nor ignorant.

They are or were intellectuals who took great pleasure in destroying the lives of 3,000 Americans and bringing down two great skyscrapers in New York and destroying a big chunk of the Pentagon.

In a similar fashion, Obama expressed the view that Americans in “small towns in Pennsylvania and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest” are guided by feelings of bitterness. “They cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

In short, Obama hasn’t a clue about ordinary Americans who go to church, may enjoy hunting or the concept of self-defense, and are angry with a government that has done nothing to stem the flow of illegal immigrants who will deny jobs to Americans and drive down their wages in the process. Americans are not anti-trade. They buy stuff from China and everywhere else in the world if the price is right.

Obama’s stint as a community organizer managed mostly to make a number of Chicago developers wealthy without improving the lives of those he was supposedly trying to help. He got himself elected to the Illinois legislature where he was reluctant to vote much of the time and then to the U.S. Senate where he has served less than half of his first term in office, having devoted himself solely to getting elected the next President of the United States. His attendance record in the Senate is worse than a joke. It is an offense to those who elected him.

He is, in a word, clueless.

This is a common characteristic of intellectuals who are convinced they know how everyone else should live their lives and convinced that only an all-powerful central government can and should determine the content of those lives.


A commenter named "Justin" summed it up this way:


Modern day liberalism is definitely a very scary "group think" that frowns upon conservative "street smarts."


Of course, Big Dog's Weblog had the best blog title - The Fuhrer Speaks in Germany.

One commenter named Fritzkatz over at Digg contributed a hilarious quip:


"Ich bin ein Appeaser!"


Despite the fun and laughs that we all have been enjoying about the craziness surrounding Obama's candidacy, I still must admit the fact that I am one of the "head shakers" (as described in Longstreet's article) who cannot believe that this man is running for president!

Longstreet:


Look, you may not like it but the fact is, most Americans who consume the daily tripe, hailed as news, and spoon fed to us by the mainstream media in this country, shake their heads in astonishment and wonder just how stupid the media must think we are. We KNOW what the domestic press is doing as they cover the Obama European photo-op as the morning dew covers a lovely green pasture. The point is, only those who wish to be impressed by the current demonstrations of European support for Obama will be. The remainder of us will grin, shake our heads, and get on about our business. We won't be the least bit impressed.


Yep...

HT's:

J.D. Longstreet

Facts Not Fantasy blog spot

One Big Dog


*******
Update: 7/25/08 @ 8:31 a.m. PT

Just more proof that the Obamessiah Kool-Aid drinkers of Hussein's campaign have no class, no sensitivity towards a holy site, no shame and will do any corrupt thing that they can think of to push this moron towards the presidency.

Obama Campaigned at Western Wall

This is despicable - beyond belief - people!

Have you seen the latest "both ways Barack" commercial? It's highly entertaining, as well as very accurate in it's message. Obama is even worse than a flip flopper!

One of the latest examples has to be his "both ways" comments regarding the division/non-division of Jerusalem.

See Joel Rosenberg's blog post: Obama Backs Away From Pledge FOR AN "UNDIVIDED" JERUSALEM: Calls his own AIPAC speech a "mistake"

FORGET THE "AUDACITY OF HOPE" BOOK HE WROTE...THE SCOPE OF OBAMA'S RELENTLESS, ARROGANT AND EGOTISTICAL AUDACITY IS ON DISPLAY FOR ALL TO SEE. HIS "BOTH WAYS" MENTAL DISORDER IS ENOUGH TO MAKE ANYONE CRINGE!!

NOBAMA president...the AUDACITY OF NOPE Campaign continues at Talk Wisdom!

*******
Update: @ 10:22 a.m. PT

A much more presidential stance and response (to Obama's first time, magical-mystery, group-think tour) from Senator John McCain.

*******
Update: @ 10:55 a.m. PT

This article link deserves to be placed on the front page as well. HT and thanks to blogger sh007r for sharing the link in the comment section!

Gerard Baker's hilarious satire article on Obama-mania. Really makes the MSM (and Obamabots) look hopelessly foolish in their messiah-like mindless adulation of this man. It's a must read! Great comments too.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

NYT Rejects McCain's Editorial

drudgereport.com — An editorial written by Republican presidential hopeful McCain has been rejected by the NEW YORK TIMES -- less than a week after the paper published an essay written by Obama, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned. The paper's decision to refuse McCain's direct rebuttal to Obama's 'My Plan for Iraq' has ignited explosive charges of media bias.


Besides immediately recognizing the obvious liberal left bias involved in the New York Times rejection of Senator McCain's editorial, upon reading a copy of it over at Drudge, I was reminded of a scene in the movie Liar, Liar.

Recall when Fletcher (the dad lawyer played by Jim Carrey) couldn't tell a lie in court because his young son wished this on his birthday? In one scene, Fletcher yells, "Objection" to some evidence being shown against his client in the courtroom. The judge asks, "on what basis?" Fletcher replies (because he couldn't lie), "Because it's devastating against my case."

Well, the deliberate rejection by the New York Times of an op-ed piece written by Presidential Candidate John McCain can be summed up in the same way. Exactly why was his piece rejected? Precisely because "it's devastating against Obama's case!"

Let's examine just why the NYT didn't like this piece by McCain.

Quote: "In January 2007, when General David Petraeus took command in Iraq, he called the situation “hard” but not “hopeless.” Today, 18 months later, violence has fallen by up to 80% to the lowest levels in four years, and Sunni and Shiite terrorists are reeling from a string of defeats. The situation now is full of hope, but considerable hard work remains to consolidate our fragile gains."


Ah! Here we see McCain using that word "hope." The situation in Iraq (which defeatist Obama wants us to believe is hopeless and we should leave) has improved most significantly. Makes Obama's puff-piece seem infantile...to say the least.

Quote: "Now Senator Obama has been forced to acknowledge that “our troops have performed brilliantly in lowering the level of violence.” But he still denies that any political progress has resulted."


McCain points out the FACT that Obama is wrong. Can't have THAT now can we? McCain also covers the FACT that the surge is working in both the military and political realms.

Quote: "Perhaps he is unaware that the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad has recently certified that, as one news article put it, “Iraq has met all but three of 18 original benchmarks set by Congress last year to measure security, political and economic progress.” Even more heartening has been progress that’s not measured by the benchmarks. More than 90,000 Iraqis, many of them Sunnis who once fought against the government, have signed up as Sons of Iraq to fight against the terrorists. Nor do they measure Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki’s new-found willingness to crack down on Shiite extremists in Basra and Sadr City—actions that have done much to dispel suspicions of sectarianism."


Uh oh. McCain points out another FACT that Obama left out of his own op-ed puff piece! How many of the benchmarks have been met! And, we also have the fact that there has been profound political success because former Iraqi objectors to the war have switched sides to fight against the terrorists! This is something that Obama left out of his essay. Kinda important...don't you think? All of this just exposes Obama's naivete, sloppiness on this issue and his profound inexperience. Plus, the fact that he wrote out a plan for Iraq BEFORE VISITING AND TALKING TO THOSE IN CHARGE OVER THERE...shows his arrogance and inexperience regarding the PROPER method(s) to follow regarding foreign affairs.

Quote: "The success of the surge has not changed Senator Obama’s determination to pull out all of our combat troops. All that has changed is his rationale. In a New York Times op-ed and a speech this week, he offered his “plan for Iraq” in advance of his first “fact finding” trip to that country in more than three years. It consisted of the same old proposal to pull all of our troops out within 16 months. In 2007 he wanted to withdraw because he thought the war was lost. If we had taken his advice, it would have been. Now he wants to withdraw because he thinks Iraqis no longer need our assistance."


This exposes Obama's weaknesses, once again. Obama was critical of McCain in his op-ed piece for voting for the war in the first place. But McCain can't be critical of Obama for his ideas to withdraw to soon, without striving for complete victory, and without consideration for Iraqis who still need our assistance? Sometimes the truth hurts - especially when the truth hurts Obama's views on this crucial presidential campaign issue.

Quote: "To make this point, he mangles the evidence. He makes it sound as if Prime Minister Maliki has endorsed the Obama timetable, when all he has said is that he would like a plan for the eventual withdrawal of U.S. troops at some unspecified point in the future."


This has been found to be also true. Obama used Maliki's words in his favor; whereas, Maliki didn't endorse Obama's views in the first place. Why did the Times let that Obama lie slip by?

Quote: "Senator Obama is also misleading on the Iraqi military's readiness. The Iraqi Army will be equipped and trained by the middle of next year, but this does not, as Senator Obama suggests, mean that they will then be ready to secure their country without a good deal of help. The Iraqi Air Force, for one, still lags behind, and no modern army can operate without air cover. The Iraqis are also still learning how to conduct planning, logistics, command and control, communications, and other complicated functions needed to support frontline troops."


Here, McCain covers a LOT OF FACTS. Plus, there is good reason for McCain to cite the fact that Obama HAS BEEN MISLEADING on the Iraqi military's readiness (which he wouldn't know about because he had not visited there yet) also shows his lack of knowledge about what is really happening there. Again, Obama's inexperience and uninformed views are quite revealing.

Quote: "No one favors a permanent U.S. presence, as Senator Obama charges. A partial withdrawal has already occurred with the departure of five “surge” brigades, and more withdrawals can take place as the security situation improves. As we draw down in Iraq, we can beef up our presence on other battlefields, such as Afghanistan, without fear of leaving a failed state behind. I have said that I expect to welcome home most of our troops from Iraq by the end of my first term in office, in 2013."


Recall how Obama and his news show surrogates used (and abused and misinterpreted) McCain's "100 years presence" comment on his campaign trail to try and make McCain appear to support a permanent active military presence in Iraq? Why shouldn't McCain use this opportunity to set the record straight? I don't ever see concern on Obama's part for leaviing Iraq as a "failed state" behind. As McCain points out later in his piece, the term "victory in Iraq" doesn't seem to exist in Obama's vocabulary.

Quote: "But I have also said that any draw-downs must be based on a realistic assessment of conditions on the ground, not on an artificial timetable crafted for domestic political reasons. This is the crux of my disagreement with Senator Obama."


Here McCain shows a definite POLICY DIFFERENCE with Obama. Obama HAS SET AN ARTIFICIAL TIMETABLE OF 16 months. Why? To please the anti-war, Bush hating, Iraq war withdraw no matter what the cost may be in the future, let the terrorists win, rabidly leftist donors and supporters. The FACT that Obama would create such an artificial timetable WITHOUT REALISTIC ASSESSMENT OF THE CONDITIONS ON THE GROUND and before his visit to Iraq, again shows Obama's naivete and inexperience on this issue.

Quote: "Senator Obama has said that he would consult our commanders on the ground and Iraqi leaders, but he did no such thing before releasing his “plan for Iraq.” Perhaps that’s because he doesn’t want to hear what they have to say. During the course of eight visits to Iraq, I have heard many times from our troops what Major General Jeffrey Hammond, commander of coalition forces in Baghdad, recently said: that leaving based on a timetable would be “very dangerous.”

The danger is that extremists supported by Al Qaeda and Iran could stage a comeback, as they have in the past when we’ve had too few troops in Iraq. Senator Obama seems to have learned nothing from recent history. I find it ironic that he is emulating the worst mistake of the Bush administration by waving the “Mission Accomplished” banner prematurely.

I am also dismayed that he never talks about winning the war—only of ending it. But if we don’t win the war, our enemies will. A triumph for the terrorists would be a disaster for us. That is something I will not allow to happen as president. Instead I will continue implementing a proven counterinsurgency strategy not only in Iraq but also in Afghanistan with the goal of creating stable, secure, self-sustaining democratic allies."



These three paragraphs absolutely nailed it. Senator McCain obliterates Obama's puff-piece article. Yet, the truth is that these explanations also show why McCain's policies on Iraq make sense while Obama's do not. I suspect that these paragraphs were viewed by the NYT's as DEVASTATING against their candidate of choice.

I can't wait for the debates. Even though the Times refused to print Senator McCain's piece, these facts are out there now. They will be brought up on the Internet, at the debates and in commercials. The Times may have wanted to silence McCain's opinions and views regarding the Iraq War and the success we are now enjoying there, but people are smart enough to know when they see bias and favoritism. The truth about this - as well as many, many other details as to why Obama is not qualified to be president - will come out. More people will eventually realize that McCain is far more qualified than this junior senator from Illinois to be President of the United States in 2008.

HT: Drudge

Related article:

The NYTimes Strikes Again

Digg

*******
Update:

Every time I see a news clip of his travels in the Middle East, I can’t help but notice how much he looks like a wide-eyed tourist! He does NOT have the experience(s) that are necessary to be president.

John McCain has 30 years MORE EXPERIENCE! How could Obama ever compete with that? Plus, Obama has absolutely NO MILITARY experience. Score huge points for McCain in that arena.

The idea that this one “fact-finding” tour of the Middle East would rate him as now “ready and qualified” to be president is ludicrous. He can’t even answer any questions! The topic about dividing Jerusalem is his latest idiotic flub. The man is all fluff and no substance. When will the MSM ever admit this fact? Perhaps Katie Couric will come out of the Obamessiah Kool-Aid drinkers coma and start doing some genuine journalism about the guy.

Wasn’t it very odd that the questions of the press at that Jordan news conference could not be heard? What was that all about? How hard would it have been to get a microphone to these people?? Just imagine if Bush or McCain ever did that. The liberal nutroots would scream, “what are they trying to hide….” Well, I think I, as well as many others have figured out what Obama is trying to hide….his severe incompetence!!

A must read post: Obama: Wrong Then And Befuddled Now

HT: Big Dogs Weblog

Monday, July 21, 2008

Gang-Linked San Fran Sanctuary Murder Case

After watching the gut-wrenching interview between Megan Kelly and Danielle Bologna whose husband and two sons were murdered by an illegal alien who should have been deported, but was not because of this horrible illegal alien/sanctuary city situation in San Francisco; I wanted to share the consequences of such a stupid, ILLEGAL policy with all readers here on this blog. Please watch that video (link above - find the video in the group called "I Want Justice"). It will break your heart for this woman!

Excerpt on this topic from Michelle Malkin's blog.


San Francisco Chronicle’s Jaxon Van Derbeken, who has done a great job uncovering San Fran’s illegal-alien-crack dealer shuttle service, has now linked one of the sanctuary policy’s underage wards to a particularly heinous crime:

The man charged with killing a father and two sons on a San Francisco street last month was one of the youths who benefited from the city’s long-standing practice of shielding illegal immigrant juveniles who committed felonies from possible deportation, The Chronicle has learned.

Edwin Ramos, now 21, is being held on three counts of murder in the June 22 deaths of Tony Bologna, 48, and his sons Michael, 20, and Matthew, 16. They were shot near their home in the Excelsior district when Tony Bologna, driving home from a family picnic, briefly blocked the gunman’s car from completing a left turn down a narrow street, police say.

Ramos, a native of El Salvador whom prosecutors say is a member of a violent street gang, was found guilty of two felonies as a juvenile - a gang-related assault on a Muni passenger and the attempted robbery of a pregnant woman - according to authorities familiar with his background.

This is what the feel-good Sanctimony City policies bring upon their law-abiding citizens–and on the rest of the country. San Francisco had two opportunities to deport a violent felon with (if you’ll read a little further in the article) ties to the MS-13 gang, and they didn’t do it. They can’t even plead incompetence–the sanctuary policy worked exactly as it was intended.

The City of San Francisco wanted to keep criminal illegal alien juveniles like Edwin Ramos in San Francisco–or, at least, somewhere inside the United States. They were willing to frustrate a federal law to do so. And a devastating, preventable triple murder occurred because of their policy.



HT: Michele Malkin

HYPE: The Obama Effect

Citizens United Productions has a documentary coming out soon called HYPE: The Obama Effect. At the link, you can view a 30 second commercial and a four minute trailer.

I like what The Patriot Room had to say about it:

Citizens United Productions has a new movie coming out aiming straight at the Messiah. Looks like the right may not stay home this fall after all.


From the Citizens United website:

About the Movie

Citizens United Productions examines the phenomenon that is Barack Obama. HYPE: The Obama Effect examines the Junior Senator from Illinois and his record. Is he the new Kennedy or recycled Jimmy Carter? Is he the one who will finally change Washington, or will challenges like the Tony Rezko trial reveal politics as usual? Is he the uniter the country begs for, or a liberal divider? HYPE: The Obama Effect seeks the answers.

Including interviews with political leaders, media experts, and social commentators, HYPE provides the in-depth analysis that can only occur in a full-length feature documentary. HYPE goes to Illinois and interviews those who know the Senator's record as a state legislator. Go on the road with the campaign and experience the enthralled crowds as they are consumed by the HYPE. Washington insiders analyze Senator Obama's Senate record, his views on abortion, his statements on the second amendment, his plan for a troubled economy, and his foreign policy-will the US be safer or will the US become a bigger target? Will Senator Obama's actions match his eloquence in the toughest job in the world, or will his rapt and motivated crowds be left with little substance at the end of the day? HYPE: The Obama Effect lays out the truth.


The release date has not been announced. When the movie arrives in a theater near you, be sure to bring all those Obamabot Kool-Aid drinkers with you to see the TRUTH. The truth is, Obama is not qualified to be president! Obama has had associations with CRIMINALS. Obama HAS NO FOREIGN POLICY EXPERIENCE. Obama is THE most far-left Senator in America. Obama's birth certificate forgery should raise questions from all of us. Obama's former pastor - well - you know all about that.

There are many, many, many more negatives to consider regarding why Americans SHOULD NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA! Just type in "Obama" in the blog search here at Talk Wisdom. There are dozens of posts to read.

HT: Citizens United Productions

The Patriot Room

Friday, July 18, 2008

A Loving Tribute

This evening, while watching Hannity and Colmes, I learned that radio talk show host Mike Gallagher lost his wife two weeks ago. She died after a year's battle with cancer.

I receive LOTS of email each day. Sometimes I check back on ones I meant to read days before. While doing just that, I found a very moving and loving tribute that Mike wrote about his wife Denise in a TownHall column.

I didn't expect to cry while reading it, but I did. It's quite touching to read about the love between two people who had been married for twenty years and have four grown sons.

Mike also writes about his friend Tony Snow's passing in the article. That's tough. Losing your wife and two weeks later, losing a good friend.

Tears just flowed from my face as I read this portion:

But in many ways, the past year was the best time we ever had together. We laughed. We traveled. We reveled in family and friends.

I learned to do what Denise had been doing all along: I lived.

When your spouse is given a bleak prognosis, you become an expert in soaking up every moment of every day. During this last year, I memorized every inch of her face.


There are over 224 comments. By the time I finished reading the article, I could barely see well enough to get through reading the first two. Here is a copy of a very special comment:

Conservabear
Location: NJ

Reply # 2
Date: Jul 17, 2008 - 3:54 PM EST Subject: Comfort Cometh From God To You My Friend
On a daily basis, as we need, He provides, as we cry He holds our hand, as we mourn, He comforts, as we pray and praise Him, He receives, as we rejoice, He rejoices with us, as we love, He loves with us.

You have a beautiful spirit and your recounting of your Wife's life was truly beautiful and inspiring. You will see her again in God's time. Until then take comfort in those whom you love and who love you and now we have much work to do for our mission is far from over.
God Bless


Mike, his sons and family, as well as Tony Snow's wife, kids and family are in my thoughts and prayers...

Blogment: Angels and Man

Today has turned out to be a day where I was destined to post another "Blogment."

You may be asking, "What is a blogment?"

Well, I owe recognition of the new word to my Christian blogging friend, Carlotta. She first mentioned it to me a while back when I took a section of comments and posted them in a new blog post.

Another Christian blog friend, Duane, created a post about it and shared the following definition:


"Blogment [Blog-ment]: n. A comment left in response to a blogpost that is sufficiently long and detailed enough to qualify as a blogpost in and of itself."


As it turned out, I have spent several hours on a comment written to Susan in this thread. As usual, I worked on my reply in between answering the phone, chatting with our gardener, walking the dogs, and doing a few household chores that needed immediate attention. When my reply was complete, I thought that others here might like to share some thoughts about what the Bible has to say regarding the differences between angels and man.

Several questions were raised so there is lots of opportunity for others to join in with some answers. I thought it was a fascinating topic for discussion. So, I have decided to turn it into a new blog post. Here is the blogment:


Susan wrote: "Angels are not human beings as Jesus pointed out to the person who asked whose wife would she be at the resurrection after having seven husbands (MAT 22:28). According to Watchman Nee, the soul consists of the mind, will and emotions. Do angels have souls? I do not know."


Wow! That's a good subject to study! I haven't ever thought of angels as being without a "soul." Scripture also tells us that we will one day "judge the angels." And, we are told that Jesus as the God-man sent to us through the virgin birth was described as willingly humbling himself to the point of being "a little lower than the angels." (Hebrews Chapter 2 explains what this means in more detail.) Particularly this verse:


Hbr 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.


And, how awesome it is that we are (so undeservedly) called "his brethren":


Hbr 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified [are] all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,


1 Corinthians 6 discusses how Christians should utilize the proper method of judgment while we are on this earth. And in the following verse, we find believers are destined to one day judge angels:


1Cr 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?


This brings up a whole host of additional questions...doesn't it?

We are creating quite the Bible study in this thread Susan! I really like it! As we "bounce off verses and explanations" with each other, I am certainly learning a lot!

I do recall a study about the fact that people will not be given in marriage to each other in eternity. Why? Because of that higher level of the "marriage supper of the Lamb" - with Jesus Christ. It will be a whole new way of existence. The purpose (to have children) of the sexual union between men and women will no longer be needed. (I may have just lost all of the non-Christians reading here...ha!) That may sound like bad news to those who are so singularly focused on and attached to the "pleasures of the flesh." However, there will be an existence in heaven that is FAR BETTER than anything we could imagine here on earth!


Susan wrote: "So often I am in error, because of my ignorance of the Scriptures (the written Word of God)."


Ah my sister...I can certainly relate! The more I study the Bible, the more I realize how much I don't know!! But through God's grace, I'm learning more and more each and every day.

The Bible is the most marvelous book in existence. It's timeless wisdom and knowledge can never be replaced by anything that man could ever write or achieve! Thank God we HAVE the written Word of God to guide us through - while discovering, and learning about truth vs. error!

I personally think that you have a very high level of Scripture knowledge. Your writings show this to be true.

On another thread I am having a discussion with a new commenter here named Cindy. We have been discussing recognizing truth from error and one thing we both agree on is the importance of discernment, correction, and reproof. It can be difficult, though. Even little disagreements can lead to hurt feelings.

Yes. We are to try and avoid the "silly arguments" (as you have stated in the past), however, when someone errs in a heretical way (especially regarding the gospel of Christ), then we are obligated to speak out.


Susan wrote: "An individual human being without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God (1CO 2:14)."


So true. I have had debates with non-believers who have accused me of "speaking another language" just because I use a lot of Scripture to back up what I am saying. God's written Word IS ANOTHER LANGUAGE! And, without the Holy Spirit's guidance, it often does not make sense to non-believers. Therefore, our discussions with them often just turn into battles.

I agree with you that some are called to live a single life. For example. A male cousin of mine (who is a few years younger than I) has never married. We aren't in touch often enough for me to know all of the reasons why he is single. However, I found out some details from his much older step-sister recently. Apparently, his father (deceased for many years) was brutally verbally abusive to him. My cousin went through decades of counseling because of this abuse. It just broke my heart to find this out after all of these years. I knew that my male cousin had a temper (like his father), but did not realize the extent of the emotional abuse that he had suffered when his dad was alive.

Thirteen years ago, my male cousin attended my dad's funeral. I spoke at the podium and shared how my dad accepted Christ as Savior (it was mostly a Catholic audience) just four months before he had passed away. My male cousin came up to me afterwards and our discussion led me to believe that he is born again. Praise God! The Lord our God turns everything to good - for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose!


Susan wrote: "It means my calling and purpose on earth is different from those who are married. Singleness is a great blessing for me."


Amen! And what a blessing your calling and purpose is for those who love you! :-)

God bless your day, my dear sister! Time to check my email and read your newsletter!

Christine

*******

Dear readers: What are your thoughts regarding the differences between angels and man? Please feel free to share any thoughts on that subject and/or anything else that was brought up in the conversation.



HT's:
Duane's Mind

Christocentric

Bible reference: Blue Letter Bible (KJV)

Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Right Not To Be Insulted?

My last post dealt with the fact that hyper-tolerance (a.k.a the idea that homosexuals, in particular, deserve the right not to be insulted) has overtaken the minds of many homosexual (surprise???) legislators in San Francisco. Recall that they voted to pass a resolution to condemn a group of Catholic teens from voicing THEIR FREE SPEECH RIGHTS concerning the view that homosexual behavior (as well as other morally repugnant sexual deviancy) is sin.

When did people come up with the idea that they have the right to pass ordinances and laws against the worldviews and religious beliefs of other people just because they think they should have the right not to ever be insulted?

What about the insult that the FREE SPEECH homosexual pride parades present to people who find such activities insulting to them? Should they have the right not to be forced to be exposed to something so morally repugnant?

I thank God that we have the right to free speech written in the Constitution of the United States. I think that it is the only amendment that will keep us from crazy new laws that would totally criminalize Christianity.

Oh yes...many gay groups and the ACLU try to pass laws that would criminalize Christian beliefs. But they usually fail in the upper courts precisely because FREE SPEECH DOES NOT ALLOW THE RIGHT NOT TO BE INSULTED!

Apparently, Brazil is not so fortunate. Take a look at what is now happening there because their House of Representatives has already passed a bill that is specifically designed to send Christians to prison for speaking out against the sin of homosexual behavior.

Excerpt:


If anyone prevents actions of "homosexual affection" in public or private locations open to the public, they could face up to five years in prison for doing so, the Association of the Defense of Life reports.

The bill also seeks to penalize private and public school administrators with up to three years in prison if they refuse to hire openly "gay" teachers.

According to the CNA, the measure will force prison time for any "moral, ethical, philosophical or psychological expression that questions homosexual practices."


You might wonder, where did this come from?

Why is such counter-discrimination against Christians being done by groups who have fought so long and hard against real (and, if honestly evaluated, only perceived) discrimination against them?

I think that the answer is that they are trying to achieve a special right to never be insulted. Sorry people...but THAT'S JUST CRAZY! Free speech does not allow such a right!

Look. I know that Christians will probably be discriminated (and reviled, and insulted, and mocked, and hated, and disparaged, and put down etc.) for as long as we live. Jesus, in fact, told us that such things would come with the territory. We are to expect it. So why, may I ask, do homosexuals believe that they should have laws passed that would mean they could never be insulted? Why would Christians have to be criminalized because they desire to follow God's Laws in the Bible and share the gospel of Jesus Christ regarding redemption for sin - including redemption from the sin of homosexual behavior?

I think that the answer is quite clear. The opposition wants us to be silenced. Period. They don't care how long it will take or what measures need to be taken to do so - they just want it.

Take a look at the worldview of Brazil's chief:


Only weeks ago, WND reported the president of Brazil said "opposing" homosexuality makes you a sick person, and he believes such thoughts need to be criminalized.

Brazilian chief Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, who won a narrow re-election following a cash-for-votes scandals, held the First National Conference of Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals, Transvestites and Transsexuals to condemn the biblical belief that homosexuality is wrong.

Lulu, on June 5, not only officially opened the event to promote homosexuality across his nation but also issued a presidential sanction for the conference.

Calling for "the criminalization of homophobia," he said opposition to homosexuality is "perhaps the most perverse disease impregnated in the human head."

He said "prejudiced" people need to "open their minds and clean them." Other speakers encouraged homosexuals to claim to be part of a civil rights campaign that already has brought reforms for treatment of blacks, the elderly and the disabled. They also announced the nation's public hospitals soon would begin to perform sex changes on people.


Exchanging the truth for a lie is what the Bible tells us is Satan's domain and best kept secret to lure people into sin. Jesus told us that he is "the Father of lies and the truth is not in him."

We can see, from Mr. Lula da Silva's worldview that he has fallen deeply into the realm of the lie.

So, hyper-tolerance has produced a belief that homosexuals should have the right not to be insulted and therefore, any religious belief that rightly tells people that homosexual behavior is sin and an abomination to God (according to God's written Word!) should not only be silenced, but also criminalized.

See the connection? See who is behind it all? The father of lies...

We can see the irreparable harm that passing such laws would do to Christians in Brazil. Notice that the bill is promotion of the lie of homosexuality disguised as an act to prevent discrimination.

Just another dangerous ploy from the enemy of our souls.

"Did God really say?"

HT: World Net Daily

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Crazy CA Board Of Nutroots

This almost doesn't even need any commentary. The article reveals it all.

Ah...just for the heck of it I'll include a portion of the article, including a quote from one of the more insane homosexual CA legislators from San Fransicko:

The cultural, and now political, straight-arm to adherents of the Christian faith in San Francisco has been increasingly public in the last two years. Just one week after the anti-Catholic resolution was passed, the San Francisco Board issued a similar resolution against a mostly evangelical group.

Following a gathering of 25,000 teens at San Francisco's AT&T Park as part of Ron Luce's Teen Mania "Battle Cry for a Generation" rally against the sexualization of America's youth culture by advertisers and media, the board spoke out formally again.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the Board of Supervisors unanimously passed a resolution condemning the "act of provocation" by what it termed an "anti-gay," "anti-choice" organization that aimed to "negatively influence the politics of America's most tolerant and progressive city."

Openly gay California Assemblyman Mark Leno told protesters of the teen rally that though such religious people may be few, "they're loud, they're obnoxious, they're disgusting, and they should get out of San Francisco."


Mr. Leno. If you want to see "loud, obnoxious, disgusting people, look at the Catholic Church bashing mockers called the "Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence." Next, Mr. Leno, look in the mirror, too!

Personally, I'm quite proud of these teens for standing up against the sleeze that the nutroots of the rabid, homosexual agenda continue to display.

Praise God that they are brave and courageous enough to do so.

HT: World Net Daily

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Church Sign Messages

Church Sign Messages:


"The best vitamin for a Christian is B1."

"Under same management for over 2000 years."

"Soul food served here."

"Tithe if you love Jesus! Anyone can honk!"

"You can give without loving but you cannot love without giving."

"Beat the Christmas rush, come to church this Sunday!"

"Don't wait for the hearse to take you to church."

"We should be more concerned with the Rock Of Ages, instead of the age of rocks."

"Reputation is what people think about you. Character is what people know you are."

"Seven days without prayer makes one weak."

"No Jesus - no peace, Know Jesus - know peace!"

"Worry is interest paid on trouble before it is due."

"A man's character is like a fence. It cannot be strengthened by whitewash."

"Prevent truth decay. Brush up on your Bible."

"It's hard to stumble when you're down on your knees."

"A clear conscience makes a soft pillow."

"The wages of sin is death. Repent before payday."

"Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive."

"Can't sleep? Try counting your blessings."

"Forbidden fruit creates many jams."

"Christians, keep the faith... But not from others!"

"Satan subtracts and divides. God multiplies and multiplies."

"If you do not want to reap the fruits of sin stay out of the devil's orchard."

"To belittle is to be little."

"God answers kneemail."

"If Jesus is your co-pilot - switch seats."

The Dizzy Change of Obama

So....is this the kind of "change" the Obama campaign means?

Obama Scrubs "Civil War" From Iraq Webpage!


Now Obama is scrubbing his Iraq webpage!
The New York Daily News reported:


Barack Obama's campaign scrubbed his presidential Web site over the weekend to remove criticism of the U.S. troop "surge" in Iraq, the Daily News has learned.

The presumed Democratic nominee replaced his Iraq issue Web page, which had described the surge as a "problem" that had barely reduced violence.

"The surge is not working," Obama's old plan stated, citing a lack of Iraqi political cooperation but crediting Sunni sheiks - not U.S. military muscle - for quelling violence in Anbar Province.

The News reported Sunday that insurgent attacks have fallen to the fewest since March 2004.

Obama's campaign posted a new Iraq plan Sunday night, which cites an "improved security situation" paid for with the blood of U.S. troops since the surge began in February 2007.

It praises G.I.s' "hard work, improved counterinsurgency tactics and enormous sacrifice."

Campaign aide Wendy Morigi said Obama is "not softening his criticism of the surge. We regularly update the Web site to reflect changes in current events."


Go to the above link and click to enlarge to see the screenshots of the old and new pages.

Instead of their tired old mantra of "change you can believe in" how about a more accurate slogan that says:

Change - you can get dizzy from!

he he

Reminds me of Tommy Roe's "Dizzy"

I'm so dizzy
My head is spinning
Like a whirlpool
It never ends
And it's you OBAMA
Makin' it spin...

You're makin me dizzy....

HT: Gateway Pundit

More proof that Obama is clueless:

O'Hanlon Livid Over Barack Obama's Iraq Op-ed

Joker Character Haunted Ledger

The new Batman movie is scheduled to be released soon. Unfortunately, it is being hyped as "the greatest movie of the summer." Moments ago, the movie was being discussed on Fox News Channel's "Live Desk" show.

I just sent an email to "The Live Desk" at Fox News Channel. Why? Because I noticed that commentator Jill Dobson did not tell the truth when she stated that Heath Ledger "loved the role as the Joker" in the movie.

In fact, prior to his death Heath personally shared with people he knew how the darkness and evil of that role severely bothered and haunted him. I don't know whether that contributed to his death or not, but he did say that the character was so demonic that it haunted him and he was having trouble sleeping.

I am disappointed that Fox News is putting such a "happy spin" on this movie. It's not for kids, but kids will probably go and see it anyway.

Oscar "worthy" or not, celebrating demonic, evil characters is typical of what Hollyweird does. I just find it is a real shame that some of the people working at Fox News feel compelled to do the same thing.

HT: Submitted For Your Perusal

Correction and Reproof

If anyone here has read this post and has been following the 100 plus comments at this blog, perhaps you might be able to explain why my last comment caused deletion of the link here.

Uh oh...I think I must have angered the author of that blog. It appears that the link to this post was deleted. Must have been something I wrote that did not agree with his particular denominational ideology? I don't know.

This is a copy of my latest comment (and most likely was responsible for the link deletion):

Well said, Cindy. People can get so testy when it comes to accuracy in apologetics.

You wrote:

"Both men share platforms and churches and venues with those who directly teach that Jesus was/is ETERNALLY subordinate to the Father within the Trinity. I believe that that concept is very relevant here. The modern version of subordinationist teachings arose out of a need to bolster up the complemenarian argument, but it is not their origins that are of concern to me but the teaching and the concept that Jesus is of lesser authority than the Father.


Note what Jesus stated in these verses:

Jhn 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father?

Jhn 10:30 I and [my] Father are one.

We are only human and are prone to error unless we strictly adhere to what God's Word reveals to us.

I think it is healthy to discuss important issues like this one in order to prevent any gradual (or quick) slide into heresy.

It isn't a question of who is ultimately correct in these debates...it's the revelation of God's Truth that wins the day.

Pro 15:10 Correction [is] grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: [and] he that hateth reproof shall die.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:


2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

All of us need to head the message of those verses...including me. Correction by other believers is good. I find myself being very grateful when corrected according to Scripture. I think it behooves us all to have such an attitude. We can't let pride get in the way.

When I was a "babe in Christ" and had not studied the Bible yet, I leaned upon the following verse. After over 20 years of study, I still do!

1Cr 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

God bless your day and your walk with Christ.


I did visit Cindy's blog and after just a brief scan there, found that there are probably issues that I don't agree with there. But I still stick behind what I posted at Camp's blog. If someone feels the need to correct me via Scripture - go right ahead. I'm always open to correction.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Term Limits & Satire

Leave it to my blogging friend Doug to post a hilarious (and very true!) article over at World Net Daily pointing out some of the shenanigans (and, some of the criminal-like behavior) of our current Congress. He emphasizes the need for term limits. Ted Kennedy is but one senator who is sure to object to such an idea. But I think it makes perfect sense!

Doug points out why term limits are needed and I totally agree with him. However, he also points out how ignorant and uninformed voters tend to re-elect the same people over and over again. How intolerant and politically incorrect of you...Doug! heh heh

These are just too funny:



Why don't Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, et al, appear to be worried about the fact that the approval ratings of the Democrat-controlled Congress are in the toilet? Why do they continue to buck public opinion on the drilling issue? Because they know their constituents will probably re-elect them anyway. The motto of the Democratic Party isn't "Dopes spring eternal" for nothing.

[T]rue, politicians aren't all scumbags, but Congress has gotten to the point where it's almost impossible to sort out the hundreds of crooks, swine, ethically corrupt and morally bankrupt bunko artists from the three who aren't.

Recent examples on the need for term limits abound, but New York Rep. Charles Rangel is one. Rangel's rent-controlled apartments and taxpayer-funded automobile lease must come to an end.

When questioned on the $777 a month taxpayer covered lease for his Cadillac DeVille, Rangel actually told a reporter that driving a cheaper car would be a sign of disrespect to his constituents. Rangel is committed to respecting his constituents until they're in a bread line.


Ha!! Makes me laugh each time I read it!

But seriously, with an approval rating of only 18.5% (according to Real Clear Politics), one would have to admit that those in charge (the Democrats!!!) must be doing an AWFUL job!! Don't you think that they deserve recognition for such terrible poll numbers? I do!!

With all the hatred and disparagement by the MSM being flung at President Bush over the course of his presidency, even his numbers never got that low. In fact, he is currently up at 31%. Previously, I think it was 29%.

Now, keep in mind all of the mud-slinging from all sources that have been thrown at President Bush over the last 7 1/2 years. Most people probably don't need examples, but if you do, just check out the ugly signs at any one of the protest marches pictured over at Zombietime.

Mr. Bush has the maturity and dignity to not let it affect him. He has kept his cool in public and that is a smart move. He and his staff are wise not to give the nutroots any more publicity than they already have via the hate-America MSM.

Mr. Bush has gone on about the business of protecting and defending America. Even the most disgusting things said about him are either ignored or dismissed by him (or his staff); recognizing that people (severely disturbed as they are, IMO) have the right to free speech - even if it's terribly offensive.

Now, a man running for the office has been actively attempting to "fight the smears" against him and his campaign via a website.

Good luck with that!!/sarcasm

I wonder if the latest caricature of Obama and his wife will bring about a firestorm of protest?



Oh wait...looks like it already did!

Magazine's satirical cover stirs controversy.

Oopsie...perhaps I know why the Obama camp is so angry! The magazine didn't get the traditional garb quite right?


I've heard commentary that some people think Michele Obama's caricature looks a bit like the liberal left activist Angela Davis!

Fox News is reporting that the Obama campaign is absolutely livid about this magazine cover!

Typical liberal left whining. They can certainly dish it out, but obviously, can't take it!

Just what we need....a Marxist Whiner in Chief with his lord-Obama wife who was once quoted at a rally saying:


Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.

UGH!!!

Michelle...has it ever occurred to you that perhaps Barack had you in mind when he said those things? heh heh

Look in the mirror...lady!

Update @ 9:10 a.m. PT:

OH MY GOSH!!! This post and pictures got me laughing so hard...well, just go see it!

HT: World Net Daily

Real Clear Politics

Fox News

Hot Air

Lots of posts on Tailrank

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Words Matter!

Steve Camp's blog is usually a daily read for me. However, I am a bit behind on my reading of several of my favorite blogs. This morning, I read a post that was originally dated on July 10th at Camp On This. Steve brilliantly points out how exceedingly important it is not to add any extra-biblical words or opinions to the text of God's Word.

Be sure to go to the above link and read the questionable text that Steve discusses in his post.

Next, you might want to stop reading when you reach the question section. Feel free to post your answers here. Then, return to Steve's blog and read his rather excellent response to the issue at hand.

This exchange is just another example of why Christian believers must be responsible and very careful to always adhere to sound doctrine when sharing God's Word with others.

It is not a responsibility that I take lightly.

Because we are human, we can make mistakes. Therefore, it is important (IMHO) for fellow Christians to gently correct each other wherever, and whenever we find error.

Christine

*******
Here are the two questionable and errant quotes written by two (apparently very respected) authors posted over at Steve's blog:



CJ spoke of our Savior's cry, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken Me?" And though I have contemplated that amazing cry often, never did it hit me as hard as in CJ's message, when he referred to it as "the scream of the Damned."

Then there was break and music and announcements, and John Piper stood up to bring his message. Several of us had prayed in a back room that God would anoint John, and pick right up where He left off in the previous message, and wow, did He. John referred repeatedly to the "scream of the Damned," and then moved into Romans 8.

A flood of tears came as God preached the message to me yet again. That Deity would be Damned. That the God who is called upon righteously by the saints and angels in heaven to damn people, and called upon habitually by unbelievers flippantly and unrighteously to damn people, would in fact damn his Son, would (from the Son’s willingness to drink the cup) damn himself…for us. That it could be said of the Beloved One, “God damned Him,” and that He screamed the scream of the Damned….it was too much for me. It is too much for me this moment. And in the ages to come it will continue to be too much for me.

-RANDY ALCORN




John Piper from his sermon on 'The Screamed of the Damned.

Everything exists to magnify the worth of the scream of the damned. That’s the point of the universe.

What we will do forever in heaven is magnify the worth of the scream of the damned.

Calvary will not be forgotten. It is the most-horrible, most sinful, most agonizing event that ever was - it will be the center of heaven forever.

Hell exists, cross exists, sin exists, heaven exists, you exist, universe exists, in order to magnify the worth of the scream of the damned.

What is the apex of the revelation of the grace of God? And the answer is the scream of the damned on the cross.


Here are Steve's questions.



Words matter; especially when expounding God's Word

Some initial questions I have about this disturbing phrase are:
is it biblical?

does the Scripture speak of the substitutionary death of Jesus for the elect as Christ being damned?

is this just cultural contextualization?

is it emotionalism run amuck?

is it sensationalized passion?

shock the flock nomenclature designed to wake up tired ears?
is this sound doctrine, theatrics, dramatics, blasphemy, or truth?


You may want to answer those questions yourself, then go back and read the rest of Steve's post and the comments.

Please share your answers to the questions and any additional thoughts you might have concerning this topic!

HT: Camp On This