Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Christ: Our Mediator Between God and Man


Sothenes has shared a brief but powerful Bible study over at my Talk Wisdom forum. Here are his posts, followed by my recent comment:


Sothenes
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 869
"one God and one mediator" between "God and men"
1Ti 2:5 For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 1st Timothy Chapter 2 When I read this, I read there is "one God and one mediator" between God and man which means that Jesus is God because the one God and mediator is "between God and men".

__________________

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Yesterday, 08:09 PM
Sothenes
Senior Member Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 869

I heard this from Pastor Bill while driving home in the car today so I decided to study this for myself.

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

This is a statement of deity based on what we know from other verses. By deduction, if Isaiah 42:8 and Isaiah 48:11 say that "..my glory will I not give" or yield to another then Jesus is claiming to have the same glory with God which makes Him God because God won't yield it to another.

Isaiah 42:8 I [am] the LORD: that [is] my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Isaiah 48:11 For mine own sake, [even] for mine own sake, will I do [it]: for how should [my name] be polluted? and I will not give (nathan , yield, H5414) my glory unto another.

And God yielded Jesus' name to be above every name:

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
__________________
Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.



My comment:


admin
Senior Member Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,586

Great verses!


Great study, Sothenes. Brief but very powerful! Those verses reveal Jesus' deity so explicitly, how could anyone miss such truth?

Jesus always gives every man and woman a choice. We have the choice of life or death; salvation or slavery to sin, heaven or hell, acceptance of Him or rejection of Him. No wonder He asks us the most pertinent question in all of Creation: "Who do you say that I am?" How each individual person answers that question determines where he or she will spend eternity!
__________________
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ. Colossians 2:8

The eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth to show Himself strong to those whose hearts are fully committed to Him. 2 Chronicles 16:9


Hat Tip:


Sothenes via Talk Wisdom forums.



No comments: