Thursday, July 01, 2010

Greg Koukl: The Secret - A Fatal Attraction


This morning, I received an email with the July, 2010 issue of Stand to Reason's Solid Ground publication. It is available [Note: PDF form] at the following link:

Solid Ground - The Secret: A Fatal Attraction

The author's foreword discusses the time that he appeared on a T.V. show called Lee Strobel's Faith Under Fire in a debate with Deepak Chopra. I saw that show, which was broadcast back in 2005, and wrote about it at my Talk Wisdom forum.

After reading Mr. Koukl's analysis of Oprah's so-called "ministry" known as "The Secret," it is revealed that she and the author of the book are misleading over 22 million people towards an old lie type of "religion" which is nothing more than a mix of monism, pantheism and Hinduism. What's even more disturbing is the fact that this false religion is being touted as "consistent with Christianity." Nothing could be further from the truth!

Please feel free to share your thoughts on Mr. Koukl's analysis in the comment section.

Also, you may see Greg's schedule includes an appearance in Manhattan Beach, CA on July 28, 2010. I plan to attend! If you live in the area, perhaps I will see some of my readers there!

God bless and have a great day!

Christine

P.S. FYI - My forum is closed to new members. I was forced to do that because of dozens of spam registrations that were occurring each day. Since I started blogging, I usually use that forum for reference purposes. However, if anyone wants to join the forum board, scroll down to "Contact Us" and follow the instructions. Also, I noticed that the link to "Smart Christian" is no longer active.

Hat Tip:

Stand To Reason

No comments: