Sunday, July 22, 2007

Pro-Gay Theology Steeped in Error

Neil, over at 4Simpsons Blog, has written an excellent five part essay analyses on Problems with pro-gay theology.

Neil analyzes and presents responses to the following:

Pro-gay theology tends to fall into one of three categories. They are all wrong, but for varying reasons. Sometimes they overlap categories. I’ll cover each one over the next few days.

1. The Bible is either not the Word of God, or most parts of it aren’t. This view claims that we can ignore the probitions against homosexual behavior because they were written by homophobic Jews.

2. The Bible is the Word of God, but it doesn’t really say homosexual behavior is wrong. This view holds that people just aren’t reading the Bible properly, and that God’s Word is actually affirming of gay relationships.

3. The Bible is the Word of God and does clearly and emphatically condemn gay behavior as sinful. However, the Holy Spirit has given additional revelations such that this behavior is now acceptable. This view holds that God has changed his mind on this moral issue and not only is it now acceptable, but it is sinful if you don’t affirm this behavior and same-sex relationships.
Well worth reading!

HT: GCM Watch

2 comments:

Neil said...

Hi - thanks for the link and the feedback! I appreciate it.

Your blog is terrific - I added it to my Google Reader.

Blessings to you your family for your bold witness. Keep the faith!

Christinewjc said...

Hi Neil,

Thanks so much for your very kind words about my blog! I will add your link to my blogroll. I know that I will be visiting your site regularly.

May you and your family continue to be blessed. Congrats for being a bold witness for the Lord Jesus Christ as well!

In Him,
Christine