Sunday, January 06, 2008

Flip Flopping Away

The more I read about Mitt Romney, the more uneasy I feel about him as a choice for president.

I didn't like the fact that he has outspent most of the other GOP candidates by a 15 to 1 margin. I certainly don't want someone BUYING the presidency!

His "reign" as governor of Massachusetts leaves me with a lot of questions too. I don't think he did enough to help the pro-family groups there fight against homosexual marriage.

His flip-flopping on important issues worries me.

One Digg commenter wrote:


NO GO FOR ROMNEY - MR. FLIPPER IS IN TOWN!
wnd.com — Romney has flipped and flopped on everything, from abortion, to taxes, to immigration. Which way does the WIND BLOW today, as that's how he bases his platform. Be wary putting a leader that does such things in office.


I have to agree. After reading Joseph Farah's article at WND, and the Digg commenter calling Romney "Mr. Flipper," my next thought was that Romney is very similar to flip-flopper John Kerry!

Romney may have had some good answers during the recent New Hampshire Republican Debate but those good answers do not make up for the his flip-flopping faux pas.

1 comment:

Matt W. said...

I have to agree. If he had simply changed his possition on one or two issues, or had only changed his possitions once, maybe I would be inclined to give him something of a pass, but the sheer number of possitions he has changed, and the number of times that he has changed them, are certainly cause for concern.

If he did get the nomination I would have to think long and hard about voting for him in the general.