Sunday, January 06, 2008

LifeHouse Everything Skit

LifeHouse Everything Skit


The Message and Passion behind "Everything"

The drama focuses on the spiritual warfare being fought for our souls.

At the beginning of the skit, the young woman indulges in the pure joy and innocence of finding her first love in Jesus, as He shows her all the wonderful things He has done and has in store for her.

But this blissful moment becomes tarnished by seemingly harmless distractions, which turn into temptations and ultimately into deadly sins.

The fallen spiritual forces at work begin their relentless attack on the young woman, who takes her eyes off Jesus and sets them on the world.

She finds herself overcome by all the vices made to look so attractive in life: sexual impurity, greed for money, drinking, bulimia, and cutting.

The lies that she has been told about her worthlessness and inability to measure up lead her into depression, attempted suicide, and ultimately into a desperation that spurs her to once again seek her first love.

Only after the woman hits rock bottom does she remember the true source of her joy -- a relationship with Christ.

But she's not alone as she battles to regain the abundant life Jesus has given her. Unable to fend off the enemy's spiritual attack on her own, she puts her eyes back on Jesus, who is waiting for her call for help.

Eager to step in and fight the battle for His bride, Jesus fends off and defeats the demonic attackers who are after her very soul and life.

We are reminded that Christ already won the battle for our souls on the cross, and that we have victory over our sins through our hope and redemption in Jesus.

It affirms I John 4:4: "You dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."

3 comments:

Christinewjc said...

Please view the comments, too!

Christinewjc said...

Jesus 'Everything Skit' Draws Millions

Christinewjc said...

I have watched this video several times. Each time, I cannot get through it without the tears flowing.

I can recall many "battles" in my life over the years. Even after I had become a Christian.

One part that really gets to me, personally, is when the woman is trying to fend off her spiritual attackers through her own efforts.

Been there. Done that.

It was only when I gave the situation completely over to the Lord, that Jesus stepped in and fended off the spiritual attackers for me.

It was an awesome experience! In this particular incident, I was trying to intercede for another. But, I was going about it in the wrong way...trying to do it in my own strength, with my own will, wisdom, thoughts, pleading, punishing, threatening, and ultimately, angry way. They didn't work.

It was only when I allowed Jesus, who was "pulling me towards Him" all along (as depicted in the skit) to take over through falling on my knees in prayer that the situation turned for good. And, it happened SO QUICKLY that it was absolutely astonishing. I KNEW that it was Him achieving what I could not do on my own. My weakness showed His strength.

That experience taught me to go to Him in prayer FIRST! Even though I went through a tremendous amount of emotional pain and anquish during that troubled time, God ultimately turned it for good.

Jesus continues to redeem the world in this way. He's the Alpha and Omega. He is the King of kings and Lord of lords.

Greater is He who is in me than the one who is in the world...