Sunday, August 09, 2009

Introducing "One of Seven-Thousand" Blog!

My blogging friend, and one of my favorite commentators here at Talk Wisdom, has recently started his own blog! Gary Baker of One of Seven-Thousand blog has a wonderful post up today! It is entitled Left Christianity or "Who Would Jesus Mug?"

I highly recommend reading it!

So far, my two comments are awaiting moderation. I wrote this comment in response to his first post:

Can I just say that I am THRILLED to hear that you have decided to create this new blog? Just don’t forget to come over to Talk Wisdom and “rescue” me from the usual band of naysayers! ha ha!! I always look forward to reading your excellent comments –filled with information, wisdom, reason and most importantly, biblical discernment!

I am so glad that the Holy Spirit of God has led you to this decision. I am adding you to my blogroll immediately! People are going to be SO blessed and educated through your keen insight regarding current cultural issues. Your wonderful ability to apply biblical discernment towards current events and issues we are all facing today is truly a blessing and a gift from the Lord.

May God bless all of your efforts here – as I know He will!

In Christ,
Christine


My second comment was in response to Left Christianity, or “Who Would Jesus Mug?”


Christinewjc
August 10, 2009 at 12:44 am
What a great post Gary!! An SO TRUE!!

The following phrase reveals so much:

“The Christian Left agenda, at least as practiced so far by President Obama and the Democrats, relies heavily on the force of government to mandate “good” by the people.”


Yes. It is obvious that government is their “god.” Otherwise, why would they hate Bible-based Christians so much?

It is my opinion that the deep-down, ultimate reason is because the true God of the universe interferes with their “golden calf” god-idol agenda of their own making – government.

Another paragraph that is very telling:

It is often said that Jesus fed the poor and hungry, and that he wants us to do the same. Very true. He wants us to look out for each other. This is true. He wants us to care for the sick, the homeless, and the needy. All true.

But Jesus never used force to get people to do it.


Bingo!!!

What I am wondering is when will the Christian Left ever realize how damaging Obama’s agenda (including Congress) is to our nation and finally have their eyes opened to this fact?

Hat Tip:

One of Seven-Thousand

*******
While going through my bloated email inbox, I ran across another devotional that I thought I would share with readers here.

Faith's Checkbook by C.H. Spurgeon
Wednesday August 5, 2009
http://bible.christiansunite.com/devotionals.shtml


Law in the Heart

"The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide." (Psalm 37:31).

Put the law into the heart, and the whole man is right. This is where the law should be; for then it lies, like the tables of stone in the ark, in the place appointed for it. In the head it puzzles, on the back it burdens, in the heart it upholds.

What a choice word is here used, "the law of his God"! When we know the LORD as our own God, His law becomes liberty to us. God with us in covenant makes us eager to obey His will and walk in His commands. Is the precept my Father's precept? Then I delight in it.

We are here guaranteed that obedient-hearted man shall be sustained in every step that he takes. He will do that which is right, and he shall therefore do that which is wise. Holy action is always the most prudent, though it may not at the time seem to be so, We are moving along the great highroad of God's providence and grace when we keep to the way of His law. The Word of God has never misled a single soul yet; its plain directions to walk humbly, justly, lovingly, and in the fear of the LORD are as much words of wisdom to make our
way prosperous as rules of holiness to keep our garments clean. He walks surely who walks righteously.


I especially liked the part where Spurgeon writes:

The Word of God has never misled a single soul yet; its plain directions to walk humbly, justly, lovingly, and in the fear of the LORD are as much words of wisdom to make our way prosperous as rules of holiness to keep our garments clean.


Amen!!

He walks surely who walks righteously.

No comments: