Thursday, October 01, 2009

Introducing "As A Mom" Website


Visit As A Mom...

Back on Friday, September 24, 2009, the Glenn Beck program on Fox News broadcast a show called "A Mother's Challenge." You can view the five video clips at Glenn Beck Daily Clips [Note: Go to right sidebar, click on "show all clips" and scroll down to the clips dated 9/28/09.]

There is a new website that has been created as a result of that show. They hold to the same principles and values that launched The 9.12 Project. It is a network of principled mothers, grandmothers, daughters, & guardians of our nation's children dedicated to the 9 Principles & 12 Values.


9 12 Project
The Nine Principles

1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

The Twelve Values
1-Honesty
2-Reverence
3-Hope
4-Thrift
5-Humility
6-Charity
7-Sincerity
8-Moderation
9-Hard Work
10-Courage
11-Personal Responsibility
12-Gratitude


Welcome to As a Mom...

On Friday September 25, 2009 Glenn Beck had a special entitled “The Mother’s Challenge: A 9.12 Project.” During the final thoughts section Dr. Frank I. Luntz said, “If you begin everything with ‘as a mom…‘ You win.” That thought, and a brilliant comment by Nancy, during a discussion of the feeling of being alone, referring to her friends calling themselves “Sisterhood of the mommy patriots,” were the inspirations for starting this site.

The purpose of this group is to give a forum for moms of all types to come together to discuss and resolve issues. Through the centuries women a have bonded together to teach and mentor one another. In the spirit of those foremothers let us now come together. Many of you have questions, some of you have answers. Some of you may know what textbooks teach a good history of our nation. Others can mentor a first time school board candidate...

In addition to the 9 values we add this one: Children are a gift from God and a sacred responsibility

If you can begin your statement or question with “As a mom…” then it belongs here. (No you don’t need to begin the statement that way.) All I ask is that we treat one another's possible differing views with the same respect that we teach our children to use.

You are not alone. We are the mothers of 9/12.


Hat Tip:

As A Mom

2 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

'The Twelve Values
1-Honesty
2-Reverence
3-Hope
4-Thrift
5-Humility
6-Charity
7-Sincerity
8-Moderation
9-Hard Work
10-Courage
11-Personal Responsibility
12-Gratitude'

Good and reasonable values.

Christinewjc said...

Yep! And I agree with every single one of the Nine Principles, too!